shade tree mechanic
Reaction score
Well here she is 81 gs looks better now I have to get to those wheels :eek:
full
full
full
full
full

Just a suggestion for engine longevity, remove the air blocker. That black bag you have hanging off the front end, well it is blocking a good percentage of air to you engines head area. May cause overheating in slow hot traffic. The reason I mention this is the single wall tubing of your exhaust system will contribute much more heat to the engine than the original double wall head pipes or ones like yours wrapped in exhaust wrap. Besides, the first big bump and you could either scratch or dent your front fender because it is going to come up and give the bag a big slap possibly even damaging your headlight, it's next target.

Nice job.

Happy motoring.

Just a suggestion for engine longevity, remove the air blocker. That black bag you have hanging off the front end, well it is blocking a good percentage of air to you engines head area. May cause overheating in slow hot traffic. The reason I mention this is the single wall tubing of your exhaust system will contribute much more heat to the engine than the original double wall head pipes or ones like yours wrapped in exhaust wrap. Besides, the first big bump and you could either scratch or dent your front fender because it is going to come up and give the bag a big slap possibly even damaging your headlight, it's next target.

Nice job.

Happy motoring.
I never thought of that :doh:I'll take your advice.
Thank You

Very nice job! How did you polish the engine heads and fins? I'm starting on my engine this weekend.
Regards,
CPKID

Tip for front end bags, or any other mods (like dropping the forks through the trees). Put a cable tie around your fork leg, take it for a ride with some hard braking. The cable tie will tell how far the forks compress. What's left is what you can use. :thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile

Tip for front end bags, or any other mods (like dropping the forks through the trees). Put a cable tie around your fork leg, take it for a ride with some hard braking. The cable tie will tell how far the forks compress. What's left is what you can use. :thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile

cool that some good info thanks

I dig that seat, but both front a rear fenders look out of place. I brake light tucked up underneath the tail would clean it up and give it a more proper tracker look. Same with the front fender...

Back