Well I finally started my project....

I got most of the greasy grime of with some Gunk de-greaser and finished up with some Bleech White tire cleaner, small brush and a green Scotch Brite.......

Dang! You can come clean mine dude.Carb cleaner and elbow grease I'm sure.

Will work for Beer and Ribeyes........
giggle.gif

Johnt3, How much weather did you get your way? I got home after work yesterday to 1/2" of ice on everything.....

jmink427, we got 10+ inches with some drifting. I went ahead and decided to stay home Thursday, but couldn't get my car out till this afternoon. Said screw it stayed around the house instead of driving in for 3 hours of work. It'll all be there on Monday I'm sure.
Nice work on your engine. You sound expensive dude! Remember I'm cheap!

Going to try not to be a slacker the next few days like I have been..To many projects, Drag Week car, Customers 69 Camaro and the bike...... Going to try to start engineering the forward controls tonight on paper... Got a couple ideas....

Man! You guys with the big tools are killing me! All I have is some cutting tools a drill press and a mig welder. Looks like damn good start jmink427.

Gonna try to weld up my busted alternator case tomorrow and order a weld up pipe kit.. Who all offers them?

Worked on the forwards a little today, but not long..... What do you think?

temporary_zps671de63f.jpg

temporary_zps17ee264c.jpg

temporary_zps442a9ae8.jpg

And somebody threw these threaded stainless rods away at work... these may work for the controls.... Just call me "Sanford and Son"... :laugh:

temporary_zpsd89ebfe8.jpg

I like to rummage through the scrap dumpsters at work.. They throw away some good stuff....

Last edited:
Ordered exhaust weld-up kit yesterday. Probably just do something sweet and simple on the pipes. I think just about everything has been done already...... Anybody ever do "zoomies" on a XS.. :wink2:

Back