Well I finally started my project....

Nice! Paint or powder?

Power?????? :wtf: I can't afford that... I'm just doing the frame in enamel and will probably use base/ clear on the tank... This is a very cheap build. I got about
$125 in it so far... It's a good thing I work cheap!
giggle.gif

Well Hell! Ya beat me to it. What brand are you using over there? We're a PPG shop. Although I don't know for how much longer. The support from our vendor is piss poor. We also use some Keystone products like their urethane single that I'll use on my frame.

It's just some implement enamel from Tractor Supply.... Cheap.. I was hoping I still had some of the black chassis paint I used on the frame when I did my '65 Impala but I guess I used it all...

Man! Is your paint dry already?:laugh:
jdizon, if you go with a good urethane paint it is pretty tough stuff and it's easy to touch up like jmink427 said.

Man! Is your paint dry already?:laugh:
jdizon, if you go with a good urethane paint it is pretty tough stuff and it's easy to touch up like jmink427 said.

Yep, pretty dry.... Start piecing some of the puzzle back together... Got new fork seals, chain, air filters and sprockets coming middle of the week... Now to clean the engine up this week and maybe start on the wiring.... Oh yeah I still got to do some body work on the tank... I had body work!

temporary_zps9e6d0ead.jpg

temporary_zps0e7b5536.jpg

temporary_zps4fb0548e.jpg

temporary_zpsdb9bb90b.jpg

temporary_zpsd1724306.jpg

I got a few parts in today..

temporary_zps773f67b1.jpg

Now its to time to get this grimy piece cleaned up a bit. Any suggestions? I not going to bust it apart to clean it...

temporary_zps81d6067d.jpg

The Bike is Looking really nice! Must be nice having a heated garage! lol Hey Jdizon have you tried spraying brake cleaner on the engine? Works great! Did mine and the engine looks like showroom condition! I sprayed the engine fins one at a time and then used compressed air to get the remainder off! Brake cleaner,mask,compressed air,tooth brush(case you work around the clock) lol and a rag! She'll be blingn!:thumbsup:

The Bike is Looking really nice! Must be nice having a heated garage! lol Hey Jdizon have you tried spraying brake cleaner on the engine? Works great! Did mine and the engine looks like showroom condition! I sprayed the engine fins one at a time and then used compressed air to get the remainder off! Brake cleaner,mask,compressed air,tooth brush(case you work around the clock) lol and a rag! She'll be blingn!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the tip I might try it this weekend :)

Got the engine cleaned and back in the frame, also got the new front sprocket installed... I didn't notice but it had a 16 tooth instead of a 17 tooth... Looks like the filters will clear everything no problem as well... :D

Back