Went to the dark side...

You know the @Mailman could write one like this for a different brand....

Haha! Yeah I’m getting real familiar with my bike. You can tell I’m feeling more relaxed working on things when I just start taking off parts and throwing them in plastic tubs all mixed together! I never would’ve done that before! :laugh2:
A little different kind of day here, I was just out washing cars in a t shirt. :cool:

Looking forward to seeing how your Norton comes along. ;)

Thanks gggGary.

How is your Norton coming?

My progress has been slow. Currently collecting parts and need to stop procrastinating and put an order into Andover for engine rebuild bits.

Did manage to score some Genuine unobtanium Dunstall pieces in a parts lot that I pickup up this the summer.

B9285AF4-1662-43D2-8394-72E29C04CA81.jpeg

Also in the winter doldrums LOL Have the fork tubes rebuilt with all new parts and back together and MC reduction sleeve installed but have not put all the brake parts together and done a pressure test. Wandering out in the weeds a bit on details of machining and installing that re-sleeve not least cuz bleeding is reported by many to be exceptionally difficult. Have made a few MC gggChanges from the install instructions one more still being contemplated. :umm:

Also in the winter doldrums LOL Have the fork tubes rebuilt with all new parts and back together and MC reduction sleeve installed but have not put all the brake parts together and done a pressure test. Wandering out in the weeds a bit on details of machining and installing that re-sleeve not least cuz bleeding is reported by many to be exceptionally difficult. Have made a few MC gggChanges from the install instructions one more still being contemplated. :umm:

I am slowly collecting the parts for a possible front disc conversion. Currently have a hub and caliper. Need the disc specific slider, MC, and rotor.

Have a guy locally with a complete disc set up that would swap me straight across for my drum.

I’m just undecided at which direction I want to take with the front end...

Have you checked out the Don Pender (madass140 on the access Norton site) master cylinder setup? Modern components that adapt to the Lucas switch housings.

http://www.tritonmotorcycleparts.com/297620485/product/515646/norton-brakes?catid=146825

Yeah chatted up Don a time or two but used the threaded insert. Want to see how this works before I go further, a bud just got his reducer insert up and working and says he's content with it for what the bike is, real brake performance improvement.

Back