what are these?

kidmerc

livin in"XS"
Reaction score
It appears that there is a jb weld type product in these but, what are they for, and do i need to remove and replace. It appears that the first pic shows that the "stuff" is cracking and coming apart. They are located on the front of the bike on the crankcase.
full
[/IMG]
full
[/IMG]

When the factory makes angles in the case for the oil passages, they make drilled relief bores for them. Easier to make if they have an "access" hole. Then they fill them in. Sometimes they look a little rough, but they are perfectly normal.

They can't drill the passages around corners. They drill intersecting holes then plug the holes they don't need. The places you see are the plugs for the holes. If they don't leak, don't worry about them.
As littlebill says, normal.

Mine are nice and clean, but a friends look very poorly filled. They don't leak, but very, very rough. Almost as if someone did it later.

If it ain't leaking or making noise, why are you creating problems? I swear you guys sometimes think these things are space shuttles. Oh, never mind.

Thanks for the posts!!! SO awesome to be able to get info on here so I can build my first bike with confidence and not have lingering questions

Back