What are you smokin' today?

goodgollyjosh

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
We got a little cigar company in town called Fincks. They hand roll these Cheroots with two different wrappers. They even got long filler too, all for $2.50 a smoke. Gotta love cheap cigars.

Attachments

• fincks.jpg
    fincks.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 120
Those are some nice ones! You spend a little more on cigars than I do, at least currently. I think I finally came to the conclusion that if I am ever gonna get my bike done, I need to buy cheaper cigars :thumbsup:

I like most of Rocky Patel's stuff, the Edge and Edge Light are good ones too. Pretty full bodied stuff he makes. Same for the Gurkhas. One of my faves use to be a Carlos Torano that was sent to Napa Valley and stored in Port wine barrels. My god they tasted good!

oh I like Carlos too. and yes You are right about the price of stix vrs price of a build. and we can't ride cigar that's for sure.
I filled my two humidors a couple of years back, before the tax jump. I do my best to wait on sells and get them then. or I get seconds for a discount too.
I know the longer they sit in a humidor the better they are.

Oh, yeah, I love Borkam Riff. 40 years ago I tried smoking borkam a pipe while riding, BAD IDEA!

Toomany...where did you pick up that nifty contraption at?

Local smoke shop, $65 Premier Supermatic II. Modified the loader/compresser, designed a weighing scale, built-in ejector and tip compacter. (lessons from ammo reloading). Found that using 0.9 grams gives perfect pack each time...

Oh, yeah, I love Borkam Riff. 40 years ago I tried smoking borkam a pipe while riding, BAD IDEA!

Local smoke shop, $65 Premier Supermatic II. Modified the loader/compresser, designed a weighing scale, built-in ejector and tip compacter. (lessons from ammo reloading). Found that using 0.9 grams gives perfect pack each time...

smoke machine mods :thumbsup: I love it.
pix of that would be cool.
I know where one of those machine are and the owners don't seem to like it.
it probably needs mods too

I need to get into the electronic cigarette business. That stuff is really blowin' up. I don't smoke, at least not cigarettes but I hang out at the smoker's table during break at work (can't stand to sit in the AC and listen to the guys yell while they play dominos and smack them down on the table every time they make a play). So far, half the group has switched to the E-cig stuff. I have seen on youtube how to mix your own juice too. At the very least, I should buy some stock in that stuff.

nice thread! I don't smoke often, but when I do, I like a good cigar. I have a friend with dual citizenship in the US and Mexico, and his wife is still a legal citizen of the DR. Every few months, he brings me a box or two of genuine Cuban Cohibas. Not cuban seed, REAL Cubans! He's allowed to bring a certain amount in for personal consumption, but he doesn't smoke. :) Cohibas from the DR/cuban seed can go for several dollars each here in the states, but he gets these for less than a buck apiece. Yes, I'm lucky! :)

FB71 I'll say You are lucky!
Right On!
My best friends boss think he gets real Cohibas.
He gives my friend some every so often.
And I get some of those too.
they are okay for knockoffs.
we cut a couple open, and hell they didn't bother to use long filler :)
My buddy has never told him. His
boss was so proud of the good deal he is getting.
Sometimes is kinder not to tell.

might have to give up smoking shortly.in the new budget they are going to hit smokers up with 12.5% increase in tax every year for the next 5 years,so with it compounding intrest like that it means it will almost double in 5 years ($38 for a 50 gram pack of roll your own now)thats ozzie pollies at work.might have to take up gunga,in 5 years will be cheaper than tobacco

Josh what part of the Village of San Anto you hail from ? I am on the NE side 35 & O'Conner. I have met up with Patrick Avenue on the forums traded some parts admired each others bikes ect, maybe some day we all can get together and go for a ride !

BTW where is this Fincks ? I have been here 22+ years never heard of it.

Back