What did you do today?

gave a couple students lessons in the fine art of flying an airplane, once on the ground and home in the 50 degree weather i stood in my garage and cursed myself for not figuring out the timing issue on my 650 :doh:

I put new brakes on both axles of a propane trailer with inboard drums ,installed new bearings, races, seals and replaced a rear axle spring. By myself. got off work and cleaned up. Came home. Took pix and sent em to Hugh of some bike parts. Got on here. Dinner is next.
What a day!

Broke my saw into pieces and took a 10lb pipe to the groin :banghead: besides that I finished up a pipe for roadstercycle.com They make some really cool reverse trikes :thumbsup: P.S. mounted up a 205/50-17 car tire on my Vstrom today :yikes: Looks fat as hell :D

Woke up, put some new handle bar levers on my XS, looked at it for about 20 minutes, then off to work. Pissed off and tired I went got off, picked up some old grand dad. I need to wire up my new turn signals, but I woke the lady up from her winter slumber, ready to be worked on now.

Last edited:
I went to the Stanford Linear Accelerator in Palo Alto, Ca., to start moving our experiment back to Lawrence Livermore National Lab where I work. SLAC is pretty cool, 3 mile long linear accelerator that can produce 99.999% the speed of light.
Then I came home and continued putting my XS back together, almost done. Should be firing up this weekend.

DLD1

Were those clowns at Stanford punking your experiment? That's why we had to move ours back to MIT.

Cut my frame then took my bike apart. Yea in that order. Now I just have a pile of parts, wondering how I'll get to work tomorrow.

185774_749182629984_14310932_40763026_7155227_n.jpg

Cell phone photo.

Last edited:
XJWMX,

No, our experiment went really well. We're in the process of moving it all out now. They were very receptive and helpful while we were there.

Twinsarehot,

I'm jealous!

DLD1

Put on a total of 30 miles today. Just out cruising and enjoying the 65 degree weather. I was having so much fun....I ran out of gas. Hit the reserve and was spuddering into the gas station. I completely forgot to fuel up before I left.
Saw 2 guys on baggers wearing chaps, thick leather jackets, face covers, and big gloves. Not sure what was going on, but I was warm in my jacket so they had to be hot. Two other guys on sport bikes were staring at them too. Kinda neat though. We were all at the same redlight. I really felt bad for the guy in the minivan. He didn't look happy.

I went to the Stanford Linear Accelerator in Palo Alto, Ca., to start moving our experiment back to Lawrence Livermore National Lab where I work. SLAC is pretty cool, 3 mile long linear accelerator that can produce 99.999% the speed of light.
Then I came home and continued putting my XS back together, almost done. Should be firing up this weekend.

DLD1
I have a flashlight that can go faster.

Bought a new AGM battery which went into the XS750 and put the 750 battery into the 650. Both started right up, I think the 650 will get a bit more usage this year.

I went to work, came home then went to my friends shop and painted my cylinders. 2 coats of etch primer, 3 coats of high gloss engine enamel (black of course). Looks great, pics soon...

worked on the 650 today trying to figure out a timing issue. took the advance rod out and lubed the bushings, shortened one of the Mikesxs advance unit springs - tension seems right, now. regapped and timed the points, went to kick her over and no spark. realized the only thing i hadn't replaced since i bought the bike was the plugs, replaced the plugs that were soaking wet and 2 kicks later shes purring like a kitty kat. and no backfiring - its good feeling hearing her run right, finally :D

I listened to my boos scream all day because I couldn't fix his screwups as fast as he can make them. Then I went and took a test to keep one of my state certifications valid. Got home about 9:00 pm (15 minutes ago) and found a box containing new chrome pipes, a halogin headlamp kit and a few more goodies.

Tomorrow, between doctor's appointments I ride and wrench. Saturday I meet Hugh to pick up the XS frame and title I bought last night.

That exhaust pipe is nice what type is that?

Broke my saw into pieces and took a 10lb pipe to the groin :banghead: besides that I finished up a pipe for roadstercycle.com They make some really cool reverse trikes :thumbsup: P.S. mounted up a 205/50-17 car tire on my Vstrom today :yikes: Looks fat as hell :D

Back