What do you guys think about my chop bob progress?

da evil one

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Alot of work here. 73 TX as the base of it all. Raked,stretched, hardtailed by PO. 73 rims powdercoated, SS spokes, Avon Venom 150 rear tire, Bridgestone whatever front(gonna be replaced with a Avon Speedmaster), seat by Redtop Donovan with some serious custom fabbing for the lower pan and seat shocks (Chopper Shocks). Hughs PMA and Pamco Ultimate ignition. Sparks cap riding in the fake oil bag to ditch the battery action. Motor is stock except for some crazy filing, sanding and polishing on the top end and a basic top end rebuild. The generic peanut tank is getting ready to get a line sight gas gauge on the side of it and then primed. Front end is a 35mm 4+. Forwards by Lowbrow. Ive got new Mikuni VM 34s on the way as we speak and about $500 in other miscellaneous stuff and getting ready to wrap it up. Oh, all the paint is powder by Ray Paul Powdercoating in Marietta Georgia. Thanks DAD!!! Hope you dig it!

Attachments

• Badass XS 650.jpg
    Badass XS 650.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 284
  • DSCI2018.jpg
    DSCI2018.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 264
I dig the bike and the stance. I'm a "chopper guy"
The pics you have up seem to be from 2007?? Any progress or changes since the pics?

Thats my camera default date. When I take the batteries out so it wont drain em it defaults to its manufacture date and its a 5 step process to change the date or delete it. I took that Oct 29 2012.

why would you put those hideous curved pieces on the hardtail to make it look like a soft-tail?

Yeah, its 44 or 45 rake. The PO did the frame James. I had nothing to do with the semi-circles on the rear. Not trying to make it look like a softtail. I left those to maybe fab up removeable saddlebags.

By the way you crack me up James! " Hideous curved pieces". Youre probably like a few guys I hang out with. Outspoken and could really be mistaken for an asshole if you didnt know better.

Back