What do you think this is worth?

"Ran great until a year ago" when I bought it then I pulled a buncha stuff off it and screwed it up and lost interest now I want to sell it with only half the parts for twice as much as I paid for it. :doh:

:thumbsup:

But to answer your question if he still has all the missing parts and would come down on the price yeah it might be worth it.

"Ran great until a year ago" when I bought it then I pulled a buncha stuff off it and screwed it up and lost interest now I want to sell it with only half the parts for twice as much as I paid for it. :doh:

:thumbsup:

But to answer your question if he still has all the missing parts and would come down on the price yeah it might be worth it.

I have asked if that was everything and he said "Pretty much. A few spare parts that the previous owner threw in."

Chris

A titled frame is selling for $300 in the US.................

When he says........... pretty much all there + spares the PO threw in...... Need confirmed and straight answers................The PO's spares could be a couple of old gaskets

1500 is crazy talk and I would start at 300 and stop at 600. What is a salvage title?

WALK AWAY or maybe run
A salvage title means in most states it cannot be re titled. They put bikes and cars as salvage title that were in floods or was in wreck and do not want them back on street. Here in NJ/NY/PA area it is super tough to get the vehicle from salvage to good. Most of the time you just have to go to a title company.
In parts you maybe able to sell for $500.00 max. Its a parts bike

WALK AWAY or maybe run
A salvage title means in most states it cannot be re titled. They put bikes and cars as salvage title that were in floods or was in wreck and do not want them back on street. Here in NJ/NY/PA area it is super tough to get the vehicle from salvage to good. Most of the time you just have to go to a title company.
In parts you maybe able to sell for $500.00 max. Its a parts bike

Yeah, $500 max is where I was thinking and then again the title issue. If the seller gets $1500, then I have a few $5,000 rat stockers.........lol

Wow. I paid $1,400 for a complete, running, titled bike just a few hours from there. This guy has been watching too much Gas Monkey.

Depends on the local market.
In my area even that severely compromised bike could go for a grand...
I wouldn't give that for it but others around here might.

A salvage title here means that the vehicle has been majorly damaged and rebuilt. Either wrecked or fire, or flood damaged. A salvage yard can put one together from several vehicles. Lost title or POs who cannot be found can be taken care of with a 3 year temporary title. They run the vin to see if it's reported stolen, then if not you get a three year title that can be challenged. No challenge gets you a regular title. No effort is made to locate anybody. You can home build a bike from the ground up and they will safety inspect it and give you a title and new vin as well.

A salvage title here means that the vehicle has been majorly damaged and rebuilt. Either wrecked or fire, or flood damaged. A salvage yard can put one together from several vehicles. Lost title or POs who cannot be found can be taken care of with a 3 year temporary title. They run the vin to see if it's reported stolen, then if not you get a three year title that can be challenged. No challenge gets you a regular title. No effort is made to locate anybody. You can home build a bike from the ground up and they will safety inspect it and give you a title and new vin as well.
could also be a theft recovery.

That is a nice tank though...also those header look pretty good...oh, and VM34s? Also, 18" rear spoked wheel. Those carb manifolds look sweet too.

I'd buy it for parts, someone wanted to make a very nice XS and then stopped half way through.

The amount to get it running is a lot though;
-You need an ENTIRE CHARGING SYSTEM which is not cheap
-Instrument cluster
-Left hand engine cover
-Front brake...all of it
-complete the exhaust system
-Battery Box
-Air filters
-tires, chain, sprocket

That is a nice tank though...also those header look pretty good...oh, and VM34s? Also, 18" rear spoked wheel. Those carb manifolds look sweet too.

I'd buy it for parts, someone wanted to make a very nice XS and then stopped half way through.

The amount to get it running is a lot though;
-You need an ENTIRE CHARGING SYSTEM which is not cheap
-Instrument cluster
-Left hand engine cover
-Front brake...all of it
-complete the exhaust system
-Battery Box
-Air filters
-tires, chain, sprocket
I've got most of the items on your list that I'd let go cheap if someone wants to take a gamble on this thing...

Back