What exhaust system does everyone run?

cmills83

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Looking to see whats out there for the xs650, Id like to do aftermarket not custom though. Just seeing what everyone is running, so post pics if you can.

Thanks

Bone stock on my '80 SG pics posted in gallery

2 into 1 from mikes... But looking for something else. I dont want them to be chrome and i feel bad for painting over chrome... If youre into them let me know, and ill sell em.. Only used for about 10 miles...

Yami+350.jpg

final+001.jpg

i got the mike's 1.5" pipes with commando mufflers, sounds great. in hind sight i'd probably just buy the complete commando system from mike's as the head pipe would then have a mount to the frame.

Straight through Triumph 'teardrops',no uneccessary baffles...Combined with single-walled downpipes will unleash extra horses!

Attachments

• XSTriPipes.jpg
    XSTriPipes.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,324
I've run a few different setups (pics in gallery). I believe I have the Commando system from Mikesxs on there now.....got them 3rd hand so origin uncertain, but the head pipes mount to the frame and overall perform and sound the best so far......to my half deaf ears.

I have a set of Brit style from Mike's and also some new from 1968 BSA tear drops. Mike's 1.5 inch headers.

Attachments

• pa090010.jpg
    pa090010.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 796
Last edited:
0720001905.jpg

Stock Special Headers (cut) with Emgo Slash Cut, Nice deep sound.
0515001321.jpg

Mikes Headers with Commando's. Nice old school sound
Red_Rocket2.jpg

Gordon Scott Chopper High Mile Pipes. Loud raspy sound

gordon scott cruved drag pipes with turn outs!! GORDON SCOTT RULES!!

Attachments

• DSC01370 (800x600).jpg
    DSC01370 (800x600).jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 794
Back