What happens if i dont use an advance unit?

Oh ok. So 2 in the rod, 1 each end, and the one where the bushings go. What is that round part where im putting the bushings inside of called? I think those screws are still good. Im going to order those parts tonight. I'm excited to get this fixed...

Posted via Mobile

The cam, the bushings are installed in both ends of the cam. The older cams used for points had 4 bushings, 2 in each end, and two types. Look at the bushings offered from Mike's. There is a solid one and one with grooves cut in the I.D. Each end of the cam got one of each. The solid one gave more support, the grooved one held grease to keep things lubed. I'm not sure which type Pete calls for on that one bushing side.

I just have 2 of the regular ones. One in each end. But the one in the advance end is messed up now cause I tried to "tap" it in further which I know isn't good for soft metal. I'll buy 2 of the regular and one of the grooved ones. How can I get the other one pushed in all the way without messing up the bushing? Should it just go in easy?

Posted via Mobile

5twins,

I recommend using the brass bushings for all three. The steel Labyrinth bushing is the one that I think the factory pressed in with a tool of some sort, and it is possible to press in in slightly crooked by hand. The PAMCO does not have any side to side pressure from the points rubbing blocks so it is fine with just the brass bushings which are easier to install by hand and less likely to be crooked.

Ok. Just brass then. If im having this much trouble with this, I'll probably never be able to do the pma swap...

Posted via Mobile

Back