What have you done to your XS today?

I spent 2 1/2 hrs "Monkey Spanking" this adaptor to put the XS motor on my old engine stand. About 1/2 hr to build this crude little adaptor (I already don`t like it) and 2 hrs to find the carriage bolts I knew I bought last winter for this project.
engine stand 001.JPG engine stand 002.JPG engine stand 003.JPG

Well the engine stand adaptor worked out excellent! I did make a drip tray that clamps to the stand. I removed the side covers, valve covers and starter cover and not one drop of oil on the floor. Much easier to work on and detail the motor. Glad I didn`t spring for the bench top stand although they look like they would be good for storage.

Thanks for that Half mile ! I think I'll make one up for my engine stand... just incase I need it ! <Grin>
Bob........

I don't have a picture in front of me, but I used 4 short pieces of angle iron with a hole drilled in each side of them for an adjustable engine stand. It actually is really simple and works quite well. I will see if I can't find some old photos or find the pieces of angle that I used and I can mock something up.

No welding required.

When I was building vintage Karts I was getting them back from the powdercoater in 2 days but that was in KC. This was done locally and they don`t have a lot of colors in stock but the turn around is really fast if it`s something they have on the shelf. The right side cover was sanded with a belt sander with 80 grit then 120 grit and final finished with 180 then 320 grit then 400 then polished with black compound then white. I`ll spend all day tomorrow on the rear wheel. My budget is in the tank on this one. I can`t wait until this is done so I can spend the rest of the summer on my scrambler project.

What about the manufacturers name on the brake calipers and on the spark plugs. Don't they need to be erased as well? What about the brand name on the tires? Why not hide everything?
Good point! Let me explain this in simple terms so you can understand it. "IT`S MY MOTORCYCLE" not yours and I`ll do with it as I please.

RG, how many times have you had that response before? I'm beginning to think you're a masochist. :poke:

:laugh:

I have actually got my '75 down to just the frame now. I will start cutting once my brat kit arrives. Here is a picture as she looked last week. Wheels, forks and swing arm are removed now.

Attachments

• IMG_0428.JPG
    IMG_0428.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 128
What did I do to my XS today? I checked the oil level. Rode it to a gas station to fill the tank and rode the back roads to Ft Hachuca in Sierra Vista. About 80mi. Then rode her home here In Tucson. About 200mi round trip. Yep I had to go on reserve at about 172mi. Past the remains of a resent grass fires. Saw an Aerostat ballon.
20170521_141239.jpg
20170521_140155.jpg

Sounds like a Good ride azman857
I played with this today..... unfortionately Not the bike ....Sigh !
....Bob......
20170521_200155.jpg
and yep I got it running ! LOL

Holy Smokes Bob! What 1/4 scale aircraft are you gonna mount that beast on?! What size is that engine and prop? Did you carve that prop?

LOL Yah I did I made it from a 2x4 and balanced it it was a bit big for the motor to pull so I cut 2" off each tip and re balanced it a bit ago...
the motor is a 140cc 2 stroke and is destined for the tail of my hang glider-Helicopter that I am making I will use that motor for anti torque
and in theory, be able to take off and land with no difficulty..... in theory ! heheheheh
I wann'a FLY !
Bob.......

Back