What have you done to your XS today?

Ignition coil failed on me today.
20190321_BadCoil.jpg

Oh well, it's 48 years old. I guess it's time is up. Served its owner faithfully.

Replaced with a spare 48-year-old coil...

Worked on exhaust today. I’ve got an old set of Pandemonium yo-mama’s that I really like, but they are going to be a lot louder than I really want. A couple years ago I bought some Cone Engineering 12” mini megs but couldn’t quite get them to fit right without contacting each other on the yo-mamas. I don’t weld so custom fabricating was not an option for me. I finally ordered a set of Mikes head pipes since they were on sale. The cone mufflers slip right on and have a nice clean look. Can’t wait to fire them up once the bike is ready! Still got some brackets and clamps to finish but the look great mocked up. They remind me of the older Omar’s Hooligan piles.
12AB91F9-F3AE-4E25-AB1B-9E3CA862D075.jpeg
4E9F5801-92AE-43B0-A39A-4D8E6C08941D.jpeg

I have Mike's header pipes and I love how they follow the angle of the frame. A huge improvement over the stock headers IMO.

Thanks. Was debating whether to paint the top end as I'm not a huge fan of it, but as I am planning out a build decided to give it a try. Turned out nice. Installed MikesXS 5th gear overdrive. Hope I don't regret it.

Jim, note the 4" blocks of wood in the bottom of my engine stand. Ring any bells?

Worked on exhaust today. I’ve got an old set of Pandemonium yo-mama’s that I really like, but they are going to be a lot louder than I really want. A couple years ago I bought some Cone Engineering 12” mini megs but couldn’t quite get them to fit right without contacting each other on the yo-mamas. I don’t weld so custom fabricating was not an option for me. I finally ordered a set of Mikes head pipes since they were on sale. The cone mufflers slip right on and have a nice clean look. Can’t wait to fire them up once the bike is ready! Still got some brackets and clamps to finish but the look great mocked up. They remind me of the older Omar’s Hooligan piles.
View attachment 137412
View attachment 137413

Dang Willis, those pipes look nice! I’m guessing they are still very, ahem, throaty?

Finished up a fresh rebuild today, except for new rotor expected any day from JimD.

That really looks way too nice to throw in an old motorcycle, you should send it to me to display in my garage. :D

Started mine up for the first time in 5 months. Turned over twice and vroom!!! Started like it was last run yesterday. Spring fever is here but I am still out with buldging disc problem :(.

Good for you Superjet! Your bike will be ready when you are, Ive got the same back problem, it comes and goes. I hope you’re up and able soon.

Thanks Mailman and 2X! It is ready to go but would still like to the the aluminum hub cover that I got from member Beags. I also have a clutch spring upgrade to do on my Roadstar. Will happen when i can get at it! :shrug::shrug:

Dragged resto out of it's winter nest yesterday, battery showed low but about 4th slow, thick oil, kick it fired up nd ran well. Needed to go to Madison, 90 miles round trip, mid 40's, didn't take long to go try the Road Couch (royal star) which fired and ran also. Hard to beat full windshield and fairings at 42 degrees. 50's today but made the big decision and for only the second time in my life, I'm going to ride a brand new bike today! :sneaky:

Back