What have you done to your XS today?

Thank you XJWMX for posting that. I never knew why I could not find front flashers with green and brown hot wires.

be methodical, clear your mind of any resentment

Clear your mind grasshopper, be one with the wiring.
4CE1D91C-2878-4076-A714-71D9759FF75E.jpeg :D

Thank you XJWMX for posting that. I never knew why I could not find front flashers with green and brown hot wires.
I never looked at that or used it for anything, I just saved it once. It might have lots of mistakes. "B" for ground and "B" for signal is obviously a mistake.

Here are the updated pictures. I still haven’t swapped out the rear shocks, painted or rebuilt the front forks. I need to get a few rides in, then I’ll get back to it.

Attachments

• B66B04AE-3BBA-45BF-93DC-DE8DA3423FBB.jpeg
    B66B04AE-3BBA-45BF-93DC-DE8DA3423FBB.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 199
  • F2710595-05E6-4103-AE57-9F84510F4A0C.jpeg
    F2710595-05E6-4103-AE57-9F84510F4A0C.jpeg
    246.3 KB · Views: 201
  • 9B5A05EA-EEF3-4A4D-B2C1-5E6BE9A327DF.jpeg
    9B5A05EA-EEF3-4A4D-B2C1-5E6BE9A327DF.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 230
3FBC4A2F-83A2-423C-89B3-B244DD5DBEA1.jpeg 71A85941-9DFA-427E-AF30-84F372D3DBC7.jpeg
Here are the updated pictures. I still haven’t swapped out the rear shocks, painted or rebuilt the front forks. I need to get a few rides in, then I’ll get back to it.
Made the ignition relocation bracket/speedo holder out of some old steel plate and a piece of exhaust pipe. Here are pics before I put it on the bike.

That’s very nice work you’ve done. I especially like that gauge and ignition set up, it’s very clean looking. If you ever feel like it, I would enjoy seeing some shots that show details of your turn signals and tail light, and also your Koso meter lit up and displaying. What all does that display anyways?
Anyways, well done! :thumbsup:

That’s very nice work you’ve done. I especially like that gauge and ignition set up, it’s very clean looking. If you ever feel like it, I would enjoy seeing some shots that show details of your turn signals and tail light, and also your Koso meter lit up and displaying. What all does that display anyways?
Anyways, well done! :thumbsup:
Thanks Mailman. The Koso TNT-01 packs a lot into it. Tach, speedo, ODO, trip A&B, clock, voltmeter (bonus), fuel gauge. The telltale lights also show turn signals, shift warning light (you set the max rpm and it flashes), high beam, neutral, and there is a warning light that I am using for a brake indicator.
Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 10.50.39 AM.jpg

Interested in selling those rears you’ve got when you get around to replacing them? I’m in desperate need of new shocks but can’t really afford the new pricetag of 3-4 hundo. Let me know

I like the tank/sidecover color, is that what your painting?
It is. Honestly, when I got the bike I had all these other color or color combinations in mind but the burnt orange has really grown on me. I think it fits the look of the bike really well. The new paint will be very close in color but with a pearl or micro flake to give it some depth. I am considering having a very simple pinstripe design laid down the middle of the tank but not sure yet.

It is. Honestly, when I got the bike I had all these other color or color combinations in mind but the burnt orange has really grown on me. I think it fits the look of the bike really well. The new paint will be very close in color but with a pearl or micro flake to give it some depth. I am considering having a very simple pinstripe design laid down the middle of the tank but not sure yet.

Sounds really nice. I look forward to seeing it when your done.

Interested in selling those rears you’ve got when you get around to replacing them? I’m in desperate need of new shocks but can’t really afford the new pricetag of 3-4 hundo. Let me know
I am ready to pull the trigger on the new rears. A little extra cash never hurt keep my project in my wife's good graces.
How does $40 plus shipping sound.

That sounds great! Any idea what load range they’re for? I’m sure no matter what they’ll be better than my blown stockers. My rear end is always bouncing around and they’re always spitting oil all over the back of my bike. Pm me your info and I’ll get you paid :thumbsup: Thanks man! Also, totally love your bike, she’s a beaut, and I vote to keep the burnt orange. Maybe black scallops, or even gold vintage xs decals. Man the more I look at it, black tank scallops and little accent scallops on the side covers would look really mean. You’ve got a good thing going with gloss black/burnt orange/shiny bits. To me it looks old school and minimalist, and the scallops would make it look mean; whereas racing stripes I think would give it more of a race vibe. I’m also just partial to scallops over stripes any day of the week.

Last edited:
This weekend, I crossed over the 30,000 mile mark on Lucille and that means that I’ve put more than 8,800 miles on her since she was resurrected in June 2016 (that’s more than 14,170 km). Today I put her up on the lift and took off her wheels because tomorrow, she’s getting a new set of skins! Her front tire is worn and her rear is now an Italian facing tire (a Baldini) so its time.
F7DC6087-0412-4658-898A-BE5370C8E00C.jpeg
BE0CC382-507C-40F2-BC75-C39896CDA719.jpeg
B6EA80E4-3307-4526-8999-A8DC5F31F6EA.jpeg

Last edited:

The burnt orange goes really well with a gunmetal/dark silver. I did my frame a similar color and used house of kolor galaxy grey for the tins, it works really well and for some reason you don't see that color combo much.

Attachments

• 20190601_154923_HDR.jpg
    20190601_154923_HDR.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 195
Back