What have you done to your XS today?

adjusted the vales and polished the valve cover too.
working on a modified kickstart

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
- - - Hope its a warm winter for working in the pole barn. I put a double barrel stove in last winter and this fall I drywalled the ceiling and made up a waste oil burner to help take the chill out.

Hi cruzin,
my understanding of a pole barn is that it's a car port writ large, a roof with open sides?
How much waste oil will it take to keep it warm under there?

I've been busy all week putting a 73 tx750 front end on my 72 xs2. Why you ask. I did not want to spend $300 on new fork tubes. And I had every piece of the 750 stuff I needed to do it. And it's a lot beefier front end. Plus it was all free as aposed to $300.

Now mind you it was not a direct bolt on. A lot of cut and fitting. Plus there was a lot of little gotchas i had to deal with.

The only bad thing is I took away some of the originality. I had to give up the steering damper knob. Some guys would look at that as a plus though.

I'm very happy with the way it turned out. :thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• 20141025_212236.jpg
    20141025_212236.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 181
  • 20141025_212425.jpg
    20141025_212425.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 192
  • 20141028_201627.jpg
    20141028_201627.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 180
Hey John, Thanks Man.
I will after the next startup.
I haven't started her up since 2 sundays ago the knee paid the price after that
Its feeling better my go for a run tomorrow.

Hi cruzin,
my understanding of a pole barn is that it's a car port writ large, a roof with open sides?
How much waste oil will it take to keep it warm under there?

Well down here in the 48 we call them pole barns cause its built with pole construction I got walls and a cement floor too. It would take a bunch of waste oil to keep it warm all winter. I just start it up for a while and take the chill out. But winters not here yet either. I also got some used cooking oil I get from some stores I do work at. Havent tried it yet in my barrel stove but I got a friend that converted his boiler to use used cooking oil and he heats his house with it.

Well I messed around with what I call the :doh: stretch armstrong kickstart pedal.
It about as ugly as a kickstart can get, But it should give my sorry ass knee a break.
I'll sand blast it tomorow or monday then paint it

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 217
  • kickstart 002.jpg
    kickstart 002.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 199
  • kickstart 006.jpg
    kickstart 006.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 209
  • kickstart 007.jpg
    kickstart 007.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
My son put 3 coats of clear VHT engine clear on my raw fuel tank today. Wonder if this engine clear coat needs to bake to cure?

Today I switched from a battery back to my caps. I have two 31,000 micro f. I thought my battery was bad. It was because of a broken ground wire which I fixed. The caps work great. I need to change out a headlight switch but no time remaining. Slowly getting to where I want to be.

Posted via Mobile

Well The stretch armstrong kickpedal works great
And I can report that the rephased engine pulls very strong
from 3800 on up to 6300 rpm that's as high as I have reved the engine.
The vibration does seem to be less at idle than 360 engines im used to.
It seems to sound deeper in tone too.
looking at videos in both configurations shot by the same video camera same carbs and settings same exhaust You be the judge.

This is what I did today made this video
What I notice while watching the video is the lack of feel for the eccelleration

wow thanks for the ride. My first ride on a rephased xs. Is there less vibration? I havent even rode mine yet. I bought mine in a barely running condition and never rode it. It had a flat on the rear. It set in the pole barn for almost a year before I decided to bob it. Your bars look lower in the 2nd video. Did you get shorter bars?

Back