What have you done to your XS today?

Well this evening I have discovered one more happy surprise:doh:
After everything screwed up under the right side cover I had to fix I now have to pull the flywheel and install the damn woodruff key :banghead:
I was checking the timing after some riding just to find the flywheel has rotated on the crank. So I went to the box of stuff that came with the engine and sure enough there is the woodruff key unfreakin believable!!!!!!:mad:
And of course no freakin flywheel puller.
I'm sure this puller will do the job sure hope so Hugh still don't have any in stock
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-2006-Y...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d22e1be39&vxp=mtr

Hey John! I haven't shot one of riding I did post one of the first start she sounds mighty good goodnloud!
I've started the breakin so that's fin 2000 to 5000 over and over :D
So far she is running good i just have to kick her no button

I just finished bleeding my hydraulic clutch and installing my eight-pack clutch plate from Ippy. Great product. I cannot test until I get a 17 tooth counter sprocket. My 18 will not work with my new xo chain. More to follow.

Posted via Mobile

I just polished the cruddy right side cover
Not finished but a good start.
The paint in the letters got buffed away bummer
full

I just finished bleeding my hydraulic clutch and installing my eight-pack clutch plate from Ippy. Great product. I cannot test until I get a 17 tooth counter sprocket. My 18 will not work with my new xo chain. More to follow.

Posted via Mobile

Hey Tony let me take a look and see, I may have a good 17T I will send you for the cost of shipping.

Clayton

I rolled my bike out of the shed and could hear the snapping noise that sounded like the chain and front sprocket were fighting. I jacked up the bike, spun the rear wheel and the noise was evident. The front sprocket was on tight, so I tried adjusting the chain to no avail. I purchased a new chain and installed it with the same result, wtf. By accident I leaned against the rear wheel and it felt like it moved. Upon further inspection the swing arm pivot bolt was loose , I tightened it up and the chain alignment is good. The right side nut retainer was bent over but obviously not enough. The moral of the story is to look around because the problem may not be what your trying to fix. tim

Posted via Mobile

Hi tonyc,
most likely the 18T/XO chain will work if you remove the inner chain guard.
Not just cut the rubber off it, take the steel shoe right off.
Of course, the XO chain's oversize sideplates will then gnaw slots in the shifter shaft.

finished up building a new set of wheels for the chop to replace the spray painted black set that came with the bike when I originally bought/saved it from the po.
7A623534-0EA3-4439-901B-02A38022F12D_zpscldevzyf.jpg
C9C3752C-229D-4A22-81C4-BFE58375F505_zpsgqejjmli.jpg

just need to powder coat my spacers and rotor.

anyone need a set of wheels?

Adjusted the valves.
pulled the flyweel.
getting ready to install the woodruff key that was left out
now maybe the flywheel will stay in position for timing

Well I am at HHB looking at the PMA install instructions.
He says to pull th OEM woodruff key and leave it out :confused:
so that's why the PO of the engine left it out:shrug:
Are you guys leaving the woodruff key out of the PMA flywheel?

I put it in mine for just that very reason, because without the key the flywheel/rotor can slip on the crankshaft. It takes a bit of work with a flat file to slim down the part that engages the flywheel but at least you know the timing marks will never move unless you shear the key and I have never heard of a key getting sheared off in our application. If you shear a key I would think you would have more problems than just the sheared key.

Got the pnut tank mounted last night. Starting to come together. Still not sold on seat height what do you guys think? The cheap seat on there is for mock up, I'll buy a nicer one here soon.

Back