What have you done to your XS today?

Finished front brakes....
320mm rotors mated to Brembo 4 pot caliper. Waiting on FEA to come back before I mill out the center portion of bracket and install correct bolts (11mm caliper, 12mm fork)

Attachments

• Brakes.jpg
    Brakes.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 194
hmmmm........

No correlation between the squoze wires and the self-destruction. Later Sportster tanks have a little extra room to the left of the tunnel, slid the new wires through next to my existing (homemade) harness. Switch actually fell apart physically.

Although it does get worse. Finally rounded up a complete factory switch housing. Left it on my workbench. Had to run out. Came back and found that the cats had managed to knock it off and break the hi/lo switch off. This after the thing had kicked around for 35 years unscathed. :banghead:

While getting to a bike that was "back aways" in the shed I rode all of these out in the sun for an alumni pic. All four are pretty thoroughly gone through and ready to ride. Two should be going to rockerbox this weekend.

all run 5-2015.jpg

79 73 79 82HS

all run 5-2015.jpg
Now I'm taking the HS out for a "test run" after some serious and creative cable routing I'll post about that later.

Scootermagoo,
Slight update after FEA. I'm going to slot out the center as it has minimal impact on load management.

Attachments

• FEA.jpg
    FEA.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 164
  • Brakes.jpg
    Brakes.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 165
I poured half a beer on the tank seat and exhaust.

Slipped my boots on loose and untied. Walked into garage taking a sip of a fresh cracked beer ready to tie up
My recyclables. Somehow tripped while
entering garage taking my first sip of beer. Ankle folded, on the two stair drop. I fell, beer in right hand. Trying to save the beer, so couldnt catch myself, went down like a sack of $hit. Landed on the bar end of an old set of GT mountain bike handlebars I had in the floor. Let out a squeel like a woman, saved the beer bottle, but splashed half the beer on the bike and ended up laying on the floor staring at the footpeg with my beer foaming like a mini volcano.

Took like a full 10 seconds to to lay there and figure out if I was injured. Im not, but I have a sweet imprint of a handlebar on my side that will be purple by morning. I wouldmpay good money if I could somehow watch that fall on video.

Hey Pkovo---Check with the NSA they probably have the video :) On a serious note I hope you are ok. tim

Yes after the new Pamco it runs Sweet, just need minor adjustments that's pretty much it.
Haven't been able to ride for almost a month due to severely bad weather[emoji19] black clouds for a month is heavy....

But yes, when ever I get the time for it I ride. Else it's maintenance and new projects like the rims ;)

And yours!? With the electronic how does that turn out!?

she is running great
the prototype worked great with no problems.
After the testing I removed it and returned it to pete. with my bike being chopped I didn't have a place to hide it under the seat has no more room.
I put the my pamco back in and running it now.

Hey vsop-dk can you spill a bit of info on your beautiful rims spokes etc. where from, how wide? How the truing up goes. I just trued up one 2.15 x 19 front rim from Mikes XS it's on and working fine, but it basically can't be tuned prefectly "true". I'm pretty sure it's the rim not me..... I have two more mikes rims to do yet.

Back