What have you done to your XS today?

:D Thanks Tim! Now to get it registered - rode by 2 police cars on my test ride, no plates! I couldn't resist but don't want to push my luck. :laugh:

Nice work...your seat/stitching design is perfect for your style. Are you going to keep the tail light as is...or get something different to angle down better? (Just curious)

Thanks Brassneck! I cut down the original fender and used the original liscense plate light mount as a taillight. A Lucas taillight fits perfectly on the mount holes from the old white light. I kinda like it, the visibility is good from behind, may even be a benefit from being somewhat high, if stalky.

This is the rear view:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 142
Went for a good few miles clocked up the miles for the next oil and filter change 200 miles to go then Mobile 1 extended life 10/60 and another filter change and its run in:thumbsup: Pow! full throttle time:D:bike::bike:

Last edited:
What have I done?

Scraped my shifermount I made, doing jockey shift
Paint stripped the whole frame and sanded 40% of it
Hauled everything down to my shop

Modified rear brake linkage to make 82 brake pivot work with 73 TX swing arm and rear hub. CHECK

Swapped broken neutral switch for one I bought on eBay. Works. CHECK

Changed brake fluid on Nippon front brakes. It works but SQUISHY. Need to get rid of squish.

Went for a 30 mile test ride! Absolutely amazing fun ride - Handling is responsive AND feels solid as a rock. CHECK

In my enthusiasm I Ran out of gas. CHECK

Pushed bike home and got my workout in, filled with gas, rode another 30 miles. CHECK

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 186
20150906_144354.jpgPut uni pods on waiting for power brake check valves to put on breather hoses then tune.riding season is here for vegas...

Replaced leaky oil filter cover gasket. Looks like PO tore the gasket on last service and decided to try and use gasket sealer. Cleaned the old baked on pieces and installed, oil level was too high as well, removed some to appropriate level. Test rode, no leak:bike:
Started to install the blinkers on the front, wiring is a mess, plus I'm color blind:mad: Another day I'll tackle that.

Regapped/adjusted the left points so it will fire on the "F" mark, synced the carbs and banged on some exhaust joint nuts for a set of mufflers I would like to use.

Back