yeah no one has those. ;)............

Attachments

• DSCN6221.JPG
    DSCN6221.JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCN6222.JPG
    DSCN6222.JPG
    233 KB · Views: 171
Woosh yeah glad you caught it, JUST in time! farm and fleet for a box of #50 and way to cut it and you're back in business.

It is so late in the day I called the calvary. The little bride should be here with the trailer in a couple or three hours. Glad it wasn't this morning. That was 297 miles further east.

I manage to meet some of the nicest folks.
I had walked to a house about 100 yards down the road to ask about how far I was from the nearest town. A young couple ( early 20's) live there. They splained how to mark my spot and then was concerned I might need a drink or something to eat. I told them I had water and beef jerky so I was OK. This isn't my first rodeo you see.
About 30 mins later the young man brings me supper! !
IMG_20160919_181343_213.jpg

re-torqued the head today, thought I might do an oil change and filter clean to whilst I was at it, a bit early but the oil is free at the workshop...so why not....

IMG_9005.JPG

Over the course of the last week, 'Stella' has received a new front tire (100/90 Mich Pilot Activ), a new master cylinder (12.7mm bore from MMM, stock lever easily swapped), Vesrah pads, a single SS brake line, new headlamp retaining screws (found 1 of 2 was missing while swapping the brake switch).

Just ordered: carb barbs, fuel line and filters, Iridium plugs, 18/34 sprocket set with an O-ring chain, Ferodo rear shoes. When those come in and I have the rear wheel off anyway, I'll go for a new tire as well. Also on order are a set of Mike's blind spot mirrors and H4 headlamp conversion.

Wow spell check is not kind to drunks
Had a friend over .we ran around the hood. He on my honda xl250, me on my 71. We switched half way thru. 71 ran great, as did the honda xl with new rings.

Was riding around. Thinking about going up to Lake Roosevelt and come back a different route. I stopped at a store that I'd never been in to check out. Comming out I noticed the oil all over the head and right side ove the cylinder from the cam end cover. Decided to go home and check the covers and see what going on. The inner locater pin was rubbing on the seal.That and the end of the cap for the PAMCO electronic advance. Sanded that end smooth. In the AM I'm going on the hunt locally for those cam end seals.

Told my wife to take the restomod tp work. She did, had a few (getting used to it) issues but made it there and back. Said she mostly liked it compared to her 750 Shadow. Biggest was the change from Cruiser ergo's. Maybe I'll get an XS built to her specs this winter.

Back