what is tat?:P

howry

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
yeah its a noob question, but i am new here. so dont judge :) was wondering if all bikes got one? and if yeah, what about a yamaha 1979 xs650 2f? cuz i cant see one ove there.....

Attachments

• utf-8BSU1HMDAzODktMjAxMTA1MTAtMTgyNC5qcGc.jpg
    utf-8BSU1HMDAzODktMjAxMTA1MTAtMTgyNC5qcGc.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 157
If there is a 3rd white wire and a green wire I'd guess it to be a rectifier/regulaor.

Wow, did a double take, such a strange location to put that rect. I would relocate that to a safer location but don't get it buried in your electrical, keep it open to the "free flowing" air.

In mounting anything with cooling fins it's also best to consider the direction the air passes across it. Not only is that one in a bad place but it's also turned wrong. Whenever possible, fins should run from front to back.

But if memory serves me correctly the stock location puts the fins to the rear and hides it from the wind meaning sometimes even the factory didn't get it right.

Howry, is that a picture of your bike, or are you just asking about the regulator?

its not my bike no. im taking apart a yamaha xs650 1979 2f. and i didnt see that piec in mine. sooo i was wondering, if all bike should have one of those. but there is absolutly no connection left for something else to add to the wiring.... sooo i guess mine doesnt have this one. but got them separete eh?

You are correct. You have a separate regulator and rectifier setup for your year. Do a search for 1979 xs650 regulator, and 1979 xs650 rectifier on ebay. You should get some good pictures. Then look closely at your battery box, should see the parts.

Regulator mounted on the left side of the battery box. Rectifier on the bottom.
Here's a pic. The reg is to the left, rec is to the right.
Leo

Attachments

• 70-79 reg and rec 001 (640x480).jpg
    70-79 reg and rec 001 (640x480).jpg
    233 KB · Views: 56
Back