What is the best clutch cable to buy?

graybikemike

Work to ride,Ride to work
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where to get a high quality clutch cable that will last a while? The one I bought from Mike's broke on me today and it had less than 600 miles on it. Good thing I wasn't too far from home. TIA.

Get a Motion Pro or an original. You didn't quite meet or break the record, someone else reported only getting 400 miles out of their Mikes cable, lol.

http://seattle.citysearch.com/profile/10724936/auburn_wa/auburn_motorcycle.html

Ken never went to the bother of creating a web presence . He was too busy being what he knows best .
This is the man that taught me to make cables years ago . He will do mail order if all the original pieces are sent and will if possible test the assembly on a bike if he can find one in the customer database that is willing . These are quality parts from the Flanders catalog and others as well as a mixture of Barnett and Motion Pro cables and outer . I have a clutch cable from a big KZ that was built near 10 years ago and too many miles . I have a XS cable that has seen several bikes , 10 plus years and nearly 40,000 miles . I'll easily admit that my controls get better than average maintenance but the proof is I still have something to maintain .
Face it , you can only do this kind of thing for a limited time before you quit making mistakes . Ken has been doing this for 30 years that I know of . If you are truly sick of crap clutch cables give him a call .

~kop

+++ for the EZ pull cable from 650 Central - I've had one for a year and a half on my '82 Heritage Special - high quality, never any problem finding neutral.

+1 EZ Pull cable from 650Central

Can't even tell I have stiffer clutch springs, pulls real nice. Got 3K miles in it now.

Back