what is this quicky throttle mod????

CHOOKS

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen it listed, however i can not find any info on it as i have used the search engine provided to look. If you know what this is, i would love to know more about it.
thanks

I really don't think it's needed or desired. It involves bending your cable arm all up on the carb to make it shorter. This makes the butterfly open faster. On a CV carb, that doesn't matter much. You still have to wait for the slide to lift so it really doesn't matter if the butterfly opens quicker. A more useful mod is to drill the slide so it lifts quicker. That will do something, bending the fuck out of your throttle arm won't.

I have seen it listed, however i can not find any info on it as i have used the search engine provided to look. If you know what this is, i would love to know more about it.
thanks

It shortens the radius of the throttle response, in other words instead of having to twist the throttle a half turn for 'x' response, you turn the throttle say a quarter of a turn for the same 'x' response. Doesn't make anything go faster, it lessens the amount of wrist play, more a comfort issue imho.
It's an xsjohn mod. There should be a link on the old 650rider site with pics.

We used to..and still do somewhat do this on Ducati's by installing R6 and R1 inner throttle tubes to shorten the turn/increase the response.

Just be really careful when doing this b/c little adjustments and going too far can really mess up your day when you least expect it.

Back