What is your favorite handlebars ?

I really like my clubmans....

Attachments

• XS_2-2011g.jpg
    XS_2-2011g.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 356
These bars are the GS E from MIkesxs #25-0125. They have been on for 6 years now, and I find they work perfect for me.
.......................................hi thanks for showing me those bars ,,,,i, like them ,,,i,m mainly going for the gs ...... because the pullback is about 1 5/8" less than the daytona ,,,,and the gs rise is about 1" or a tad more less higher... regards oldbiker

How tall you are, and how long or short your arms are will have a lot to do with what will be the best bars for you. More rise and more pull back for a shorter guy like me.

How tall you are, and how long or short your arms are will have a lot to do with what will be the best bars for you. More rise and more pull back for a shorter guy like me.

good point ! also how broad you are . Theres nothing worse on a bike or cycle than having narrow bars if you are broad chested. You feel very restricted especially breathing

good point ! also how broad you are . Theres nothing worse on a bike or cycle than having narrow bars if you are broad chested. You feel very restricted especially breathing

Also contributes to hand numbing, as rolling the shoulders forward for extended periods of time puts pressure on the brachial arteries. Holding onto spade grips on a belt fed machine gun for too long does the same thing (If you are trying to control it anyway, not actually firing, but supporting it on a moving vehicle or heliclopter).:gun:

Holding onto spade grips on a belt fed machine gun for too long does the same thing (If you are trying to control it anyway, not actually firing, but supporting it on a moving vehicle or heliclopter).:gun:

mmm now I think I could put up with a bit of numbness if it meant I got to fire a belt fed machine gun at some terrorists from a chopper :thumbsup::D

I'm just a mere 245 lbs and 5'11" :bike:

guess all those pies and cakes are going to have an adverse reaction on my acceleration :(

60% rough pavement, some dirt and the rest unpredictable tar where I am. I'm with 5twins on bar selection and the position of my wrists. I'm 53 with arthritis in both and it helps a lot. The only difference is I like a little wider for this bike, but angle and style is cool I think and I can ride it all day long.
What bars are those ? They do look comfortable.

mmm now I think I could put up with a bit of numbness if it meant I got to fire a belt fed machine gun at some terrorists from a chopper :thumbsup::D

It's all in the body position! Being a rather large guy, I could maintain positon with one arm below 140 knots, but much faster than that, and you might as well let it fall into trail in the mount. The M60-D still uses the standard barrel, and has the bipod legs on it with the lightened stiffeners, and they become airfoils. With a suvival vest, flack vest, and shoulder harness all putting pressure on your arteries at the same time, when you reach straight in front of you to grab the thing, circulation is shot!

Back on subject, when I first got my Shadow 750, the bar angle hurt my wrists and made my ring and pinky fingers go numb, until I rotated the bars down a bit. They almost hit my knees in a full lock turn, but they were fine after that. Sometimes you just gotta mess with it for a while.

It's all in the body position! Being a rather large guy, I could maintain positon with one arm below 140 knots, but much faster than that, and you might as well let it fall into trail in the mount. The M60-D still uses the standard barrel, and has the bipod legs on it with the lightened stiffeners, and they become airfoils. With a suvival vest, flack vest, and shoulder harness all putting pressure on your arteries at the same time, when you reach straight in front of you to grab the thing, circulation is shot!

You never think how tough it is when you're watching a movie :laugh:

Back on subject, when I first got my Shadow 750, the bar angle hurt my wrists and made my ring and pinky fingers go numb, until I rotated the bars down a bit. They almost hit my knees in a full lock turn, but they were fine after that. Sometimes you just gotta mess with it for a while.

Yes experimenting is essential. 40 years of building and riding road cycles have taught me that. It can make the difference between comfort and agony .

How many of us bother to adjust our car seats or research a well fitting armchair or mattress !:wink2:

Wayyyy back in my dirt bike daze, here's how we'd pick bars: put the bike on a work stand so it would be vertical side to side and level front to rear. Then, sit on the bike in a comfortable position with arms at your sides. Close your eyes and put your hands where they felt most comfortable. Then, open your eyes and compare your hand position to the bars on the bike. This really works; I always found I needed taller straighter bars.

I had superbike bars and i hated them. Stock Standard bars back on.

I tried the Euro bars.....stock Standards back on. The slow speed, short radius turns are what put me back to stock. A bit more control with the stock Standard length (width) than with the slightly shorter length Euros. Of course it may be me at 5'9", 180 lbs and a 44" chest. Stature may make the difference.

I tried the Euro bars.....stock Standards back on. The slow speed, short radius turns are what put me back to stock. A bit more control with the stock Standard length (width) than with the slightly shorter length Euros. Of course it may be me at 5'9", 180 lbs and a 44" chest. Stature may make the difference.

Same here. :thumbsup:

What bars are those ? They do look comfortable.

Sorry for taking so long scrambled, I don't know what bars these are and bought them used from ebay but I can measure them up for more experienced guys on this board to try and identify if you'd like.
I'm using another bike at the moment and the XS is in storage some distance from me so it would take a couple of days for me to do it for you.

Back