What now

Scott don't encourage him.... you instigator ! LOL !
just let it die....
Bob..........

so are you going to ride this weekend Scott ?
its raining here or thinking about it.... I won't chance it...i'm getting too soft fer that cold stuff !
Bob........

Nothing like Hashbrowns when on a bike...you can taste them all the way to dinner ! ( heartburns )
HAHAHA!
Bob...

Timeserts are the best way to go. Glade you had a few extra threads left t make ot work.

:twocents: bump it up to an M7 x 1.0 bolt? a little bit harder to find, but as easy as it gets. the correct drill size for tapping M7 is 6mm. take out the chain tensioner make a catch for the swarf. Yet another guy finds out you don't use the torque wrench on 6mm A short 1/4 ratchet and FEEL the tightening. But who knows, someone may have pulled the threads long ago chasing a head gasket leak.

I always creep up on these M6's ..... 50, 60, 70, then 80 in/lbs max. When I first got an in/lb torque wrench, I thought it was good to go the full 8 ft/lbs (96 in/lbs). I stripped one. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner than it did. This was a beam type wrench (XJ's fav but then he still likes stock reg/recs, lol) that didn't exactly point to zero anymore so obviously I was going even more. My wallet taught me a valuable lesson there. Getting it fixed at a shop cost more than the Helicoil kit, which I promptly bought afterwards.

This was a beam type wrench (XJ's fav but then he still likes stock reg/recs, lol) .
I don't trust friggin fragile ass springs and levers to be any more accurate, plus you can calibrate the beam by bending it :D It's always ready to go. I was going to mention in that other thread that I kind of like the idea of a mechanical regulator. Same reason, just bend it to fix it. Better than having to replace. Maybe I will downgrade someday.

Last edited:
Back