What Pamco kit do I need?

barelycompetent

81 XS650 Special
Reaction score
Im sorry everyone, I know this has been asked and answered a thousand times, but Im not finding exactly what I need. I have an 81 special, with stock ignition and stock charging system in it. I wasnt planning on doing this upgrade just yet but recently my bike took a dump on me, most likely the TCI. Im going to try and repair it but I want to get my ducks in a row if it cant be repaired. I just recently had my rotor replaced and my charging system fixed so that part of the system is good. My questions here are, if I just want to do the pamco ignition with e/advance what is the basic kit I need? Will it eliminate the TCI box, yet keep my stock charging system? If I decide to bite the bullet and do the complete pamco/pma upgrade what kit is needed for that? Again my bike is an 81 special with all stock TCI ignition and charging system. There are just so many kits out there that its overwhelming and I dont know what all I need. I am trying to save money where I can so I dont want to buy the wrong kit with parts I dont need, or buy the wrong kit and end up needing additional parts. Thanks for putting up with me, and links with prices would be GREATLY appreciated. I know mikes has all of the kits, but again I dont know which one I need. So to recap what basic ignition with e/advance kit would I need, that would eliminate my TCI box, use my stock coils and keep my stock charging system, and what kit would I need to do the entire pamco/pma upgrade? Thanks again.

Thats exactly what Im looking for 650skull thank you. Wasnt trying to get anyone to do my dirty work, just dont really understand what all is needed and what isnt! Thanks again.

Back