What part would you like to see made for the xs?

Tuning fork logo made from machined billet aluminum. Id love to put one on my tank but prefer not t use the plastic ones available.

100_0677.jpg
I had my painter do mine and clear coat over it. Tony C.

Attachments

• P8250001.jpg
    P8250001.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 136
  • P8250003.jpg
    P8250003.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
a fuel injection kit:thumbsup::D

A range of quality leather seats ?:wink2:

gosh there sure is some good looking bikes out there .....drool.....

I got a simple part that would be practical and could be used on lots of bikes . I just have to work out a few details then figure out how to get it into production without getting my idea stolen . It would be too expensive to make in small quantities because I need to get dies made , but if I can work out the details I know people would buy it.

A round tuit. If I ever got a round tuit I would have a hard time deciding which bike to ride!

All but the Chevrons and tank badges are original early parts with new paint. They wouldn't fit a 78 very well.

Scrambled- my XS is a 1980 Special 2 but has a 1975 tank and side covers. The side covers fit good enough for me- they dont reside quite in the right spot in the area of the rubber boots that connect the airbox to the intake of the carbs but no one rally notices.
100_0772.jpg

Tuning fork logo made from machined billet aluminum. Id love to put one on my tank but prefer not t use the plastic ones available.

I had this thought myself, but I was thinking 1/8" stainless - more durable once it is polished and it isn't like it would weight much. I've been seriously considering getting some made. Figure around 2.5 - 3" diameter?

I had this thought myself, but I was thinking 1/8" stainless - more durable once it is polished and it isn't like it would weight much. I've been seriously considering getting some made. Figure around 2.5 - 3" diameter?

Yes yes. Im certain the ebay gel badge logos will melt if gas is spilled on them. I may consider a genuine yamaha plastic badge that goes on a snowmobile. I was looking at those at the dealer but they seem so small.

All the small rubber parts. I know Mike's has a few but there are many he doesn't. Like the headlight bucket grommets, the rubber rings the gauges mount with.
Leo

Yes yes. Im certain the ebay gel badge logos will melt if gas is spilled on them. I may consider a genuine yamaha plastic badge that goes on a snowmobile. I was looking at those at the dealer but they seem so small.

Exactly. I had this thought a while ago and just haven't followed through on it yet. I imagine like most thing that getting a bunch of them done will be cheaper than getting one or two, but I don't want to go into a big full-tilt business and face the wrath of Yamaha's legal branch. I'll have to see about getting a quote...

I figure 3m emblem tape for attachment, get it cut to match. It holds perfectly as long as you do the proper prep (remove any grease, wax, fingerprints, stuff that makes other stuff not stick...) and comes off fairly well if you use enough heat and patience.

Double walled headers is what i want to see... And sidecovers. I know thats a stretch but i cant understand why no one would do a crate motor, aside from people that cant see past harley, have you guys ever seen a better engine? A way for people to put an xs engine in anything? Like chevy 350's tht would be sweet, order a block, get a 750 kit, a rephase, some carbs... Put it together at home.... That would be so sweet

Back