What year do I have here???

SpaghettiOs

XS650 Member
Reaction score
As far as I can tell its a 79-80 xs-sg 3g1 but the coils are from up to 79 then 80 to whatever... I have the pamco ignition how do I know what coil to order??? my numbers are 2FO-211130. Thanks!

You have a pamco so year doesn't matter you order a coil for the Pamco.

2F0 is 79 would have come with BS38 carbs and points ignition.

Do you have the mechanical advance mechanism or are you going e-advance?

From Pete's web page; a dual output coil, such as www.mikesxs.com part #17-6903 or equivalent with a 2.5 to 4.5 Ohm primary resistance.

2FO-211130.

80SG Factory Electronic ignition, (TCI). You will need to buy an advance rod if the motor is matching the frame. BS34 carbs, (chrome plated tops).

Look under the cam covers to confirm. If nothing there then you will need cam bushings as well as the rod.

Will be interesting to see what the OP has. So far I don't think I've seen a BS34 TCI bike with a 2F0 VIN :shrug:

2FO-211130.

80SG Factory Electronic ignition, (TCI). You will need to buy an advance rod if the motor is matching the frame. BS34 carbs, (chrome plated tops).

Look under the cam covers to confirm. If nothing there then you will need cam bushings as well as the rod.

Will be interesting to see what the OP has. So far I don't think I've seen a BS34 TCI bike with a 2F0 VIN :shrug:

Unfortunately the carbs didn't come with the bike but it is a numbers matching one. I put the pamco in two years ago so I don't remember for sure but I'm pretty sure I didn't have to replace the rod or bushings just the magnet and the pamco plate on the one side. It runs great but I ran the stock coil mounted to the top of the engine where the top motor mount would go and it lasted about a year. Then I bought a creap eBay one and that did the same thing. Now I'm going to run the green monster and change the mounting location but with the 60 degree it should run cool according to pamco Pete so fingers crossed I guess.

Back