Whats this thing???

Lester

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
I starte to prepare for the Electricals trying to clean up and plan out the placment of all the Components and I come across this thing:

12441134763_47c2bc352e_z.jpg

Just woundering what it is, and if I can get rid of it somehow

Thanks

Lester

I starte to prepare for the Electricals trying to clean up and plan out the placment of all the Components and I come across this thing:

12441134763_47c2bc352e_z.jpg

Just woundering what it is, and if I can get rid of it somehow

Thanks

Lester

It may be the Light Checker or it may be the Self Cancelling unit. You have to tell us the colours of all the wires, or after you know the colours, look at a wiring diagram yourself, for your bike.

yes it seems to look like a flasher cancel unit.

as quoted from someone else on the forum "I would grab that piece of shit and launch it into the woods."

Jake H Yes I would to chuck it but what do I do with the loose ends......
looks like the turn canceller unit, light brown, black, yellow/red, green/white, yellow/green wires
wrap the loom plug in tape to seal it off, to much trouble to back track and strip out unused wires

If it is the cancelling unit, no need to do anything with the wires in the harness, other than what jayel said.

yeah no harm in double checking it with a wiring diagram or even holding onto it just because. but with the white wire wouldnt that lead to what i think it is? that is if my memory serves me right. anyways check it out yourself and yes let the wires hang low if you decide to let that unit go.

Back