What's with the moto iron springer wheel spacer setup

TCurell

XS650 Member
Reaction score
New to the forum, been building an XS bobber.

Anyway, I bought the moto iron modified harley springer setup from tcbroschoppers along with the wheel they recommend on their website for it..well the axle that comes with the springer is pretty bizarre to me. The diagram it comes with doesn't much for me at all. Anybody gone this route and been able to figure out how this goes together?

I'm a pretty mechanically inclined person and for the life of me I can't figure out how in the heck this would ever work together. I'm starting to wonder if moto iron has ever even tried to put one together. I went to their website it only shows the same diagram. I'm probably just gonna center the wheel on the springer and measure what size spacers I need on each side and just order my own.

Just was wondering if anyone has ever figured this thing out

I just installed mine and was wondering the same thing. I used the brake caliper that TC Bros sells for the springer and had to really get creative to make it work. As you mentioned, the diagram is a joke. The down tubes on the springer will hit the spacers on the caliper side if you don't get creative with the spacer they send in the kit......TC Bros and Moto Iron need to work this out better and get some workable instructions and diagrams.

Ya i also had to get creative. I ended up fabricating my own spacers. Sorry to hear you had the same situation but glad to hear i wasnt the only one scratching my head. Ill send TC bros an email to let them know they might want to check into it.

Back