Whats your weather right now?

61F here, nastiness to the north, nastiness to the south. It seems that this ten or so mile ridgeline that we're on that runs southwest to northeast pierces the tornadic winds and diverts them south into the river valley, 2 miles away and two hundred feet down, or north into the flatlands. I'd rather be here than Philadelphia.

There's a lovely anecdote, good illustration of British humour. American business woman, all dressed to kill, always in a rush, travelling by taxi from the airport into Manchester and complaining about everything. No responses from the driver. Eventually gets on to the subject of the weather. 'And it's f***ing raining! Does it ever stop raining f***ing raining in this goddam place?' At which point the driver offered 'How would I know, I'm only thirty-four!'

Last edited:
There's a lovely anecdote, good illustration of British humour. American business woman, all dressed to kill, always in a rush, travelling by taxi from the airport into Manchester and complaining about everything. No responses from the driver. Eventually gets on to the subject of the weather. 'And it's f***ing raining! Does it ever stop raining f***ing raining in this goddam place?' At which point the driver offered 'How would I know, I'm only thirty-four!'

Hi Raymond,
US serviceman in an English train carriage with a woman with a yappy little dog and a Brit civilian.
Woman keeps complaining that everything the serviceman does upsets and annoys her dog.
Finally the serviceman grabs up the dog and drops it out of the carriage window.
Brit civilian says:-
"Typical American.
You drive on the wrong side of the road, your uniform's jacket is a different colour
to your uniform's trousers and you just dropped the wrong bitch out of the window.

60+mph gust's just started here. Gate's blown off hinges. Garage door looks about to cave in. Holy crap. :yikes:

Untitled.png

Back