Whats your weather right now?

Well crap... we just got put under a severe thunderstorm watch. Look at that mean lookin' sumbich out to the west. Looks like a hurricane... Be glad when this night's over.

Screenshot_20211215-161121.png

Worst of the T-storm has passed over. Gust up to 70 are persisting though. Over 150K without power and getting worse.
Local weather just said the T-storm ground track is NW at 80mph. :yikes:
Roof ripped off a hanger at KCI.... controllers evacuated the tower.

All you people in the windy areas stay safe! Hope this is just a freak storm and not the start of something.

We are expecting record high highs and record high lows, if that make sense! Right now as I write this local temp is 57ºF so we have already broke the record for this date of 55ºF set in 1971.

Record low for this date was set in 2016 at a -2ºF!

Worst of the T-storm has passed over. Gust up to 70 are persisting though. Over 150K without power and getting worse.
Local weather just said the T-storm ground track is NW at 80mph. :yikes:
Roof ripped off a hanger at KCI.... controllers evacuated the tower.
We're among the 150K, power went out at 6:30pm. Doesn't look like its going to be restored anytime soon. But at least its not 70 degrees anymore:banghead:

Oh man that’s terrible. The news is saying that 500K are without power throughout the Midwest.
According to the power company, our outage has been assigned a crew. So it looks like it may be back on soon, hopefully. Its gonna be a long haul for a lot of others though. Despite being 70 yesterday, its cold now... Wife says its 56 in our house right now:redface:

According to the power company, our outage has been assigned a crew. So it looks like it may be back on soon, hopefully. Its gonna be a long haul for a lot of others though. Despite being 70 yesterday, its cold now... Wife says its 56 in our house right now:redface:
I noted at or near 100 mph winds all over Kansas. I wouldn't expect utility poles to take that. We have a lot of leaning or broken poles around here and I'm not aware of any breeze like that. I hope they can get it back soon.

Oh man that’s terrible. The news is saying that 500K are without power throughout the Midwest.
We got lucky last night No freezing rain or at least not enough to be busting up trees and taking power lines down
And it's 15 and dropping ( but at least it's a dry cold)

Well, thankfully, in the UK we don't have the extreme extremes of weather that you do in the US.
Guys, I really feel for you all - I refer back to my previous of 27th November, our bad weather ain't as bad as you seem to be having. Keep safe and I hope they get the power back as soon as poss.

I noted at or near 100 mph winds all over Kansas. I wouldn't expect utility poles to take that. We have a lot of leaning or broken poles around here and I'm not aware of any breeze like that. I hope they can get it back soon.
It looks like a lot of the outages in KC were caused by downed trees, but I suspect that downed poles account for more than a few as well.

I didn't realize you had trees in Kansas! :wink2:
West of here, not many. Here we have LOADS of em. We're up on the Missouri river bluff, so it's pretty heavily wooded. The rest of Ks, not so much.:D North MoKan is kind of the wooded boarder to the great plains.

Back