Wheel hub question for the pros

flyboy

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does a 1975 SX650 have the same hubs as would fit on an 81 SX650H? I'm looking to change them out but not sure if anything is different. Please advise.
Thanks,
flyboy

Yes the hubs are the same. rotors are different. The Heritage specials have 64 spoke holes though.

Thanks, Gary...so I can use those hubs and rotor on the 81 if I plan on lacing new rims? Would I have to change the caliper out too? Just want to clarify.

You can use the '75 hub but not the '75 disc. The '75 disc has a different offset. You will have to use the '75 hub with your '81 disc and '81 caliper. The '75 caliper will not fit.

Check the backside of the disc mounting holes on the '75 hub. On some early hubs, these were blind holes (didn't go all the way through). Check the length of the disc mounting bolts. Run them in finger tight to make sure they go in tight enough before bottoming out. If the bolts are too long, they can break the back out of the hub when fully tightened.

Okay...thanks to everyone who responded. So much knowledge and info on this site and I sure appreciate it.
Wish I could find a couple of '81H hubs to replace with instead of robbing from the other one. Maybe I will keep looking...
flyboy

Back