Wheels stolen while parked! Damnit! Need help

flyboy

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 81H and the wheels were stolen while I was at work.:mad: and would like to know if I could swap out other hubs/wheels from any other years on the 650? 500? What size?
I'm interested in spoke wheels as before but don't want the 64 spoke wheels or mags. I don't remember the sizes but they were what came stock with the bike when new.

I had the wheels that were on it taken by some slimball lowlife!:mad: I had been watched where I park the bike at work. I have no faith that they will be found as the cop told me...they're GONE FOR GOOD. They just left the bike sitting on a concrete block and I had to trailer it home. The only good thing (if there is any) is that the tires were worn out and I had plans on replacing them soon anyway. I found another front brake disc and rear sproket so they are waiting to be attached to whatever I wind up with.
Would appreciate any help/info to get her rolling again.
Thanks,
flyboy

Yeah but if you were to see where I work, you would understand. The funny thing is I try to park it near the entry door so it is watched by others...lot of good that did. I do take my Kel-Tec 380 with me too...

Who the hell steals motorcycle wheels? That sounds like a lot of work and time for some damn wheels.

I have an 81H and the wheels were stolen while I was at work.:mad: and would like to know if I could swap out other hubs/wheels from any other years on the 650? 500? What size?
I'm interested in spoke wheels as before but don't want the 64 spoke wheels or mags. I don't remember the sizes but they were what came stock with the bike when new.

I had the wheels that were on it taken by some slimball lowlife!:mad: I had been watched where I park the bike at work. I have no faith that they will be found as the cop told me...they're GONE FOR GOOD. They just left the bike sitting on a concrete block and I had to trailer it home. The only good thing (if there is any) is that the tires were worn out and I had plans on replacing them soon anyway. I found another front brake disc and rear sproket so they are waiting to be attached to whatever I wind up with.
Thanks,
flyboy
I am parting out an 81H and happen to have two good wheels.
Let me know if interested.

14612 ZIP code is my general location.

585 305 6412 9am - 9pm EDT only please

Ray

Thats crazy I never heard of that. But in Austin Bicycles are big everybody rides them and it seems everytime I'm downtown I see a bike that someone snagged the wheels off of because someone just locked the frame.

No...didn't think to take any pics...I was just so mad I couldn't see straight! It's a good thing I don't drink like I used to. LOL All I wanted to do is get it out of there and back home.

The wheels off your bike, Jeesus, Normally I leave the keys in mine with the jacket and helmet layin on it. Nobody WANTS the damned thing.

yeah, i found the keys to mine in my mailbox, as a passerby must have noticed i left them in and thought to put them in my mail box.

Seems you got your new wheels though! I'm glad for you.

To all-
I did strike up a deal and will be receiving wheels to get me back on the road. This forum is just the greatest...so many people sharing to keep a wonderful old machine on the road.
Thanks to all who responded,
flyboy

Glad You got some wheels comin- death to thieves! That sucks, It seems they would have taken the whole bike! When I had My Buell, I came home in a hurry and parked it in the front yard, planning to go run some errands. A buddy stopped by with some beer, another buddy showed up, forgot all about the bike. Next morning I got up, there sat the Buell, stil in the front yard, with the keys in it!:doh::eek:

My first bike, a custom street tracker 1966 305 Honda CB77 Super Hawk, was stripped of all it's fancy baubles while sitting in front of my house. I was so emomtionally frustrated that I ran around collecting parts and fixing so I had it back on the road in a week. Even had a homemade seat that looked good. I'm pretty sure I knew who took the stuff but couldn't prove anything and never saw the items again (very distinctive tank, seat and bars.)

Tom Graham

Thanks,
flyboy

Just curious, were your wheels really stolen? I seem to remember you trying to buy some in the classifieds a while back. Could be wrong, but I was looking for the same thing and seem to remember your username.

If they really were stolen, glad you got new ones.

If they really weren't, then stop being a devious troll. People on this forum are just as likely help you without all the bullshit. If you were unsuccessful at finding the wheels in the classifieds then state your case and needs in the regular forum. Abusing members of the forum, i'm certain, is not a tactic that is welcomed here.

haha.

weird thing actually.. someone this week stole my leaky base gasket, took everything off my hardtail and stole that too..

so if anyone could send me a new gasket and a hard tail that would be sweet

Glad you got things sorted out Fly. I think it's time to move to another city where a passerby will take the keys from your ignition and put them in the mailbox for you. :)

Alfredo...YES, just the wheels were stolen. I would post the police report but for obvious reasons I won't. Yes, I did post for wheels in the classifieds the day they were taken but didn't want to post about the theft then. I don't understand myself why they didn't take the whole thing either...just how it went down. I wish they had taken the whole thing...then I could have collected on the stated value policy I have on it. As it is I'm glad too that I found other wheels and will be back on the road without too much trouble.

Back