where can I get a set of spoke wheels for mags

79bobber

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I building a 79 xs650 and it has a set of mags with disc on the back and would like to trade them for a set of spoke wheels with drums let me know what you what you got thank you very much

There maybe some one on here that will trade their spokes for your mags but most want to swap the other way.
It might be easier to buy a set of spoke wheels on Ebay or some where like that then try to sell your mags.
There are a few changes besides the wheels that will have to be done. The way the brake struts attach to the swing arm is different. The disc brake attaches to the top, the drum attaches to the bottom. The brake pivot on the disc brake is designed to push up to actuate the M/C. The drum is designed to pull the rod.
The pedal itself is the same but everything from there back is different.
Nothing hard to do, just collecting all the parts.
Leo

Check out the classifieds on here, There is a guy selling heaps of sets of front and back wheels and rims now. May have to go to page 2

I have a question maybe you can help me with. I have a 79 that had discs on back but I'm changing to drum. My question is I have pivot ,swing arm , all drum stuff but the pivot doesn't seem to have enough movement. Any ideas or am I missing something? Thanks

Back