Where did you Buy your Banshee PMA parts?

imwastefull

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
thanks to Hugh and other on this site i've been inspired to do a PMA swap and i'm debating between Hugh's and the Banshee. Thing is, when i tried to source all the Banshee parts on EBAY the total cost was MORE that the $320 for Hugh's kit! Everyone says the Banshee swap is cheaper.

So i was wondering if anyone knew of a place to get the parts cheaper. Where did you find your parts for the Banshee swap? Or, does anyone have any they want to sell?

Parts:
Banshee Stator bracket
3 Phase Stator
Banshee Flywheel
3 Phase Regulator

I bought my banshee flywheel and stator bracket from a local guy that builds race bikes for $50. I Had a used stator from my 95 zx6r and bought a new regulator on ebay I think it was around $70

I'm not sure if it is directly because of this swap, but banshee charging parts are crazy high on ebay. You can buy a new rotor on ebay the next listing down from a used one for the same price, and they both cost about what Hugh is charging anyway. I managed to put my hands on a bracket for free, and the stator and reg/rect are easy if you shop around, but the flywheel still eludes me. At this point its less budget and more a matter of pride!

i know! the Flywheel is what's killing me! i keep hearing all these stories of dudes having like $75 TOTAL into their banshee swaps... spread the love so i can have this dirty bird back on the road! haha.

20120319_112644.jpg

My motor is in pieces, so I'm still waiting for it to drop in my lap for next to nothing. Not sure how big race quads are in your part of the country, but around here they're more common than herpes. Still, if I was that close to riding, I'd just pull the trigger.

Calling my local ATV parts joint seemed like an excellent idea right up until the point they said that the Banshee Stator, Flywheel and Bracket would be $700... or $400 used.

WHAT.THE.FUCK.

I'm not sure if it is directly because of this swap, but banshee charging parts are crazy high on ebay. !

Or because they stopped making banshees in 2006 (us) and 2008 (Canada) .. Try searching ebay.uk.com or any other derivative of ebay ( Ebay US does not always show every countrys listing).. I think they still make them there might be cheaper

Dude, they made Banshees longer than they made 650's! Probably sold more of them too. I don't think there's a shortage! Plus, swapping to a lightweight flywheel is fairly common for these bikes, so there should be a good supply of take-offs. There is really no excuse.

I don't think that the availability is an issue. The price is just hella driven up. Its beginning to point towards Hugh's kit or getting my stator rewound.

Nice, I'd jump on that wasteful. I'm realistically about 3 months out on my build due to cash and time restraints, so I'm still trying for a freebie locally. I really do know a lot of people who own these bikes, its just a matter of mentioning it during the right beer drinking session. :thumbsup:

I might have a hugh's adapter plate.

I ordered one when I was going to piece together the kit, then the project got shelved.
When I dug it back out Hugh offered complete kits. I'll have to check to see if I ordered the full kit, or everything minus that plate.

Back