where to put rear passanger pegs

DIRTY DOG

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
ok I'm building a new hardtail for a buddy and he wants to put a P pad on it where do the rear pegs go ( i have done about 5 or 6 hardtail none with rear pegs ):shrug:

Oh, DDog, this is a fun one.

I've found that when passenger pegs are mounted conveniently for the builder and rider, the passenger is uncomfortable.

When the pegs are mounted for passenger comfort, it's challenging for the builder, and cumbersome for the rider (ankle *klanks* during kickstart).

Now comes the demented part. What kind of relationship does the rider have (or want) with the passenger? Positioned correctly, passenger kneecaps make great armrests. Can get creative here.

FWIW, I never liked taking dudes on as passengers.

it's the same frame as my chop off bike, haha the passanger will be his girl friend,about 5'5" 115lb.

Attachments

• 2015 BUILD OFF 002.jpg
    2015 BUILD OFF 002.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 139
Oh, man, with the fender strut that far forward, she'll be shoving him into the tank.

Maybe design/invent a pair of swing-out pegs, that set under/parallel with and attached to the upper back tubes (below his seat). Hinge point as far forward as possible.

Or, clamp a pipe to his kneecaps...

If you redesign, and skootch her back about 4-6", then her pegs can go on the bottom frame tubes, just barely ahead of the front edge of the fender (about where that crossmember is)...

she could ride the handle bars, showing off her headlights!!
.....sorry. its like shooting fish in a barrel.

Dog I have done them and its best to have the fender and pad on there and get her over to sit on bike and you know it will be right.

If you redesign, and skootch her back about 4-6", then her pegs can go on the bottom frame tubes, just barely ahead of the front edge of the fender (about where that crossmember is)...

Thats not the bike or fender hes running.( just the same frame) he's running a long hinged fender,thank Rich I'll get the fender mounted and have her come over and set it up for her,:thumbsup:

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 149
Back