Which pamco for this motor?

RadXS

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I am getting ready to buy a pamco setup and am unsure of what setup would work best, case reads 2FO-253036...I will be running led lights all around, it has a banshee pma, and is kick only, any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• 20180820_203719.jpg
    20180820_203719.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 221
Do load balance calculations for the pma, strongly consider a series vs shunt type voltage regulator. 2fo would have the advance rod so will be plug and play with a pamco. I highly recommend the all in one pamco-eadvance for simplified wiring and better operation. Also at least a small battery vs a cap.

+1 what Gary suggested....too many times seeing fried this and fried that without a small battery delivering constant power to ignition. If you don't, you will be back looking for fixes on suggestions previously given.

2fo would have the advance rod so will be plug and play with a pamco.
The 80 SG is a TCI motor without the advance rod. Mines a 2FO 207..... Might better check and see if it's there.

When you say Pamco, I assume you will order from Pamco. The ones from Mike's are not Pamco's. They are copies. I think Electro Sport make them or has them made. Pamco Does not sell to Mike's any more.
If you have an engine that had points you can just buy the basic Pamco. It will just replace the points, still use the mechanical advance.
If you have an engine that had the TCI ignition you can get the basic and buy the rest of the advance parts elsewhere.
On either of these options you can add the E-advancer. This replaces the mechanical unit.
I would go with the New Pamco Ignition with the E-advance built right on the sensor circuit board. This simplifies the install, no blue box the put somewhere.
I just ordered one for my 81. The $149.95 unit.
It should be here in a few days.
It only take a an hour or so to install.
After this install I'll have Pamco's in all three of my XS's.
Leo

Right on! I appreciate all the info, looks like I will be going with the $149 pamco setup and a small anti gravity battery with my banshee PMA... Any more info on what I need or what is recommended to complete the ignition/charging system?

I got my New Ignition in. Got the advance rod off Ebay, Built the bushings, talked about that in my thread The 81 Lives.
The bike runs great. Just need a few more parts to get it road worthy.
Leo

2F0 25**** is a 79Special II.......BS38 carb points model.........Should have the advance rod in the cam

Back