Who makes these pipes???

AaronOregon

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Just curious if you guys know who makes these? Thanks!

Aaron

Attachments

• Scott.jpg
    Scott.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 168
  • scott2.jpg
    scott2.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 136
I just had him make me a different set for a bike. I know he could do it, but he is always a couple weeks out. Just thought maybe someone was selling them that had them on the shelf.

Aaron

Nobody knows? I am getting a bike from powder-coat this week and these would look sick on it. Help me out here guys.......... I guess I will just have to send the picture to Gordon to build?

Aaron

Those look like Gordon Scotts curved drags. maybe he has some already built and ready to go . That would be my best suggestion. By the way how is the weather out there, I used to live in Bend and P'Ville, did a lot of riding on my first xs650 chop out there. Hope you get what you need.

That guy built those himself along with most everything on the bike in his modest hobby garage with minimal specialty tooling and a pretty low budget, if I recall correctly. There was a build thread for that bike on The JJ but it was unfortunately ousted with the rest of the non JJ trad. bikes a few years ago.

It's the bike that sparked my interest in XS's. Still one of my favorites.

The pipes were made at home with the original flanges and couple of mandrel bends. I like how they're made with a straight section instead of the more popular radius sweeping over the case covers.

Yes the ones on the bike the guy made himself and the ones on the table with saw blades I made, that picture was taken in my shop. I'm a small one man show and do other fabrication beside exhaust as well, it does take me a couple of weeks to fill custom orders. I build in order received to be fair to all customers :)

Back