Who Rode Today?

I finally put my new stator in my Sparx alternator and went for a short ride. all good charging at 13.75 at idle and 14.5 at 3500. Look foward to a coastal trip after chase down small oil leak.

Sorry misunderstood. I assume you saw the mirror on the left side of the picture. That's my 83 bobber I built last winter.

Attachments

• IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 201
A very pleasant day here in Calgary at about 20C. I heard the open road calling me:)

Drove out to Elbow Falls for lunch, at a well known park that all the locals know. Only 128 kms round trip, into the foothills of the Rockies. A deer stopped in the middle of the road, in front of me, but moved as soon as I blew my horn.

My bike is running :thumbsup:, after its 6 months of sleep in the garage.

Attachments

• Elbow Falls 2013 1.JPG
    Elbow Falls 2013 1.JPG
    230 KB · Views: 235
  • Elbow Falls 2013 2.JPG
    Elbow Falls 2013 2.JPG
    249.4 KB · Views: 202
  • Elbow Falls 2013 3.JPG
    Elbow Falls 2013 3.JPG
    248 KB · Views: 165
I took a trip on the bike yesterday up to the Icefield Parkway here in Alberta. Weather was real nice at about 26 C and sunny. Round trip was about 454 kms, and my bike was running smooth and powerful as usual.:)

Truly some of the best motorcycle riding scenery in the world. Highlights included...........Canmore,...............highway 1A (Bowvalley Parkway) between Banff and Lake Louise,................Bow Lake, Bow Glacier, Blackfoot Glacier,...............Peyto Lake.

Here are a few pics for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

• Icefield parkway 1.JPG
    Icefield parkway 1.JPG
    245.1 KB · Views: 158
  • Icefield parkway 2.JPG
    Icefield parkway 2.JPG
    264.1 KB · Views: 160
  • Icefield parkway 3.JPG
    Icefield parkway 3.JPG
    266.8 KB · Views: 164
  • Icefield parkway 4.JPG
    Icefield parkway 4.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 165
  • Icefield parkway 5.JPG
    Icefield parkway 5.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 166
I took a trip on the bike yesterday up to the Icefield Parkway here in Alberta. Weather was real nice at about 26 C and sunny. Round trip was about 454 kms, and my bike was running smooth and powerful as usual.:)

Truly some of the best motorcycle riding scenery in the world. Highlights included...........Canmore,...............highway 1A (Bowvalley Parkway) between Banff and Lake Louise,................Bow Lake, Bow Glacier, Blackfoot Glacier,...............Peyto Lake.

Here are a few pics for your viewing pleasure.

that is some awesome scenery!!:thumbsup:

Beautiful scenery. I put in 60 miles a while ago, and am going back out after the MotoGP race. Don't think anything around here can hold a candle to that scenery though! I'd run out of the road gawking all the time.

Don't think this can compete. The view back down the Auto Road from Mt. Washington.

DSC00330_zpsc1c71844.jpg

Last edited:
just cruising around getting mexican tacos today in denver, first ride since born free 5.
1374436323.jpg

I just recently removed the copper cap from the right end of the camshaft, and installed the improved aluminum cap for the Pamco E-advancer. The stock 7 mm long dowel pin that goes into the camshaft needs to be shortened down to 5 mm. Re-timed the engine, as the aluminum cap changes the timing slightly.

Just went out for a short 20 km test ride to be sure the aluminum cap was doing its job. Engine was happy all the way to 6000 rpm.

It was a beautiful fall day; temperature 16 C. This might just be the last ride for the season, as colder weather is starting to move in:eek:

Rode to an old friend today, started raining so that sucked. Went out on a 155km ride yesterday with great weather. Probably tomorrow too of the weather allows, not much left of the season here in northern Sweden..

Wife and i did the Monongahela national forest ....Seneca rocks ride this past weekend...
Check it out! Almost heaven................

Attachments

• DSC00472.jpg
    DSC00472.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC00476.jpg
    DSC00476.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC00487.jpg
    DSC00487.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC00489.jpg
    DSC00489.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 140
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 150
Weather here has been incredible, had the 73 out the last 3 days. Speed and distance have been limited, the back tire is falling apart from age.
Rush; Seneca rocks, cool place we went climbing there back a few years ago did the skyline too but in the van, dimmit.

We are having some beautiful weather here in Calgary. Sunny and about 26 C. Went for a little ride out to Canmore and Banff.
I always enjoy riding in the mountains. Bike is running strong and smooth.
I recorded an all time high for fuel consumption ...............25.9 km/L or 60.9 US mpg.

Attachments

• 600 small.jpg
    600 small.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 602 small.jpg
    602 small.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 191
I've been riding every day, rain or shine, to the diner for breakfast every morning on my '86 GoldWing and '81 CB750C. My son has been riding the other CB750C and will need the clutch changed soon. The GoldWing is begging for a new rear tire, the 650 will soon have a lined and primer painted tank, wiring and fenders are next, I just got through with the bent forks, and that's as far ahead as I am thinking for now.

Scott

Last week I did a 3500 km (about 2200 miles) on Sylvia, my Honda ST1300. I set out in the rain at 5:45 AM last Thursday and rode 9.5 hours to Peterborough, ON - all in the rain. On Friday, I just bummed around at my cousin's place and then on Saturday morning, about 60 riders set-out in the rain :cautious: for a Shriner's charity breakfast in Picton, ON (about 150 km). It stopped raining juuuussstttt as we pulled into Picton.

After breakfast, I was one of six riders (three H-Ds and two Gold Wings plus me - and I was the youngest by about 10 years) who left (in the rain, which had re-started - needless to say) on a trip all through north eastern NY, VT and NH. We had a great trip - except for the 5 days of rain :shrug: (dammit) which required the hotel clothes dryer each night (the biggest problem was finding enough quarters to run the dryers). Overall, it was a really fun ride which began with an 8:30 AM departure following a good "diner style" breakfast each morning, a decent but quick lunch and then a nice dinner each evening. The days were not too long (180-350 km or so) and were punctuated with several stops for coffee & draining the dragon. Each evening we held a "Healing Circle" with decent snacks (sausage and cheese) and either a good scotch or mixed drinks. The group is very sensible - NO drinking and riding and early bedtimes for everyone which kept us all safe and healthy. The ST is a big, powerful, heavy, fast, good handling shaft-drive sport-tourer with everything from linked ABS brakes, heated handgrips, a really good fairing, a powered up-down windscreen to an on-board galley and toilet (OK - I am just kidding about those last two amenities) - so completely different from the XS650. I suspect that Sylvia could tow an XS650 faster than the Yamaha could go under its own power.

Yesterday, I rode the ST down to my office and had a delightful encounter with a phone-yakking dickweed twit in a pickup truck (no damage, but I was puckered right up, I will freely admit) and then in the late afternoon-evening I rode my red 1976 XS650C (Lucille) out to a nearby transportation museum for a fund-raising dinner with other members of the local chapter of the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group (www.cvmg.ca).

After the dinner, the CVMG group split-up and I went for a peaceful 60 km ride alone through the back roads of Essex County, virtually without seeing any other vehicles at all. I puttered along at 50-55 mph (around 80-90 km/hr) and Lucille and I were in our element. I wound up in the pretty little town of Amherstburg where I had an ice cream cone and relaxed by the Detroit River near the grounds of Fort Malden which protected us from "those other people" ;) across the river during the War of 1812.

Sometimes in all the excitement of "choppers/brats/trackers/cafe conversions" and "meticulous restorations", we need to recall just what a comfortable and pleasant motorcycle a standard Yamaha XS650 really is. It truly was one of the most relaxing rides I have ever had!

Pete

Gawd!
What a dull boring life I must lead.
This afternoon's big adventure is a ride across town to Lee Valley Tools to buy my Bro-in-law a gift to get to the UK by his birthday.
Which, to that Hardnosed Brit's chagrin, is on the Fourth of July.

Back