Who Rode Today?

I rode two bikes today. From the garage up to the shed about 200'. (each LOL)
I want the garage empty so I can finally finish up some wiring and sheet rock a couple of walls that should have it. I've been smelling gas when I go up to the shed and I finally narrowed it down to the 83HS , LH carb is dripping veerrry slowly so the petcock isn't doing it's job.

I'm new to riding two wheels, but I did find that I think I like riding in the cooler temps. It's been 40s-50s here lately and I have actually chosen to take the bike on runs to the store and such.

Even though I am andy to take the motor out for a rephase, it's just not cold enough yet so I keep riding :thumbsup:.

The bike definitely seems to like the cooler temps.

Went for a short ride on Sunday. Temp was in the upper 30's/low 40's. Roadways (except my driveway) were clear and dry. No wind. Had to go for one last spin B4 winter really arrives. As it worked out, a good dose of snow fell Sunday night! Looks like 2-wheeled riding is over in the Great White North for a while?.................Wesley

^You need the Coleman rain suit. The top is a snazzy jacket that you can wear to ballgames and stuff as well.

^You need the Coleman rain suit. The top is a snazzy jacket that you can wear to ballgames and stuff as well.

I have a nice suit, for fishing, and it works ok. Unlike the pod filters that got wet.

p.s. the truck didn't brake a rod as I thought. Just had hydrolock and fouled 2 of the 6 plugs and sounded terrible.
Truck is now for trade in the classifieds.

Rode ~90 miles yesterday, mostly house huntin'. High 60's and partly cloudy, nice day. It was raining pretty much all day today so the bike stayed inside.

Whhooooo, a little chilly and sprinkly this morning. Nice to go out early on Christmas eve and do a little last minute shopping.
2 hours of quiet, calm riding with no traffic. Except for the cold and sprinkles, lol. You get the weirdest looks sometimes, all bundled up on a bike. Mostly by the H-D clad guys in their big 4X4.
I hit the McDonalds on the way home to grab a coffee and some food. Threw my coffee in my little thermos I always carry, food in my pack and went home. Beautiful morning. Now for presents!!

I just got back from a ride. t shirt weather here. sunny n brite :cheers:

I'm waving at ya. Guess how many fingers I'm using? :D

14º here, and not a whole lot warmer in the garage. Just got the engine back in the frame and the bottom bolt in.

Warming up, surfing and RTFM to see what order they recommend replacing the mounts in and what the torque specs are.

I'm waving at ya. Guess how many fingers I'm using? :D

14º here, and not a whole lot warmer in the garage. Just got the engine back in the frame and the bottom bolt in.

Warming up, surfing and RTFM to see what order they recommend replacing the mounts in and what the torque specs are.

dam thats cold! here check this out
full
[/IMG]

I got in about 200 miles yesterday-- loved it! Bike seemed to love it too!!!

PS. I bought home an old CB450 Honda parts bike today-- pretty banged up but some good stuff anyway.

Last edited:
Thanks Carbon. Got her all in. Twice...

Forgot to put the freakin' starter motor on. Figured with only one bolt in, it was easier to take it back out than to fool around trying to put the starter in from the bottom.

today was nice. but weird, it was about 65 but there was ice in the gutters. hahah. i doubt it stayed there long. I didnt have to wear 2 pairs of pants so that means its warm...

I took my newly aquired 73 TX out yesterday. We had 18 degs and snow but I had yet to run the thing. Just put in a Pamco ignition and the carbs are still partly crudded up but I wanted to make sure all the gears worked. I went for a 2mile loop on our solid ice dirt road ( w a sprinkle of gravel) and took it very easy on the brakes:thumbsup: It felt good to feel the bike running outside the garage. I'm looking forward to a daily driver next summer w/ the help from you experts here!

Its 55 degrees out here in the badlands of North Dakota today, I checked cattle with the bike this morning at day break! Last week it was 30 below... nice reprieve from the harsh winter today!

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but snow on the fender as I put it in gear.
Who put that crap on the roads? I want names!!!!!
Pucker factor....10.

I have been fortunate enough to log a few miles lately! Made a short ride on Friday the 30th of December then again on the 3rd and 4th of January. Might go again today! Trying to impress the Scout Master and earn my December and January motorcycle riding Merit Badges. Typically very difficult to do here in the Great White North. Has been an unusual winter so far. No snow, moderate temperatures - no complaints..Wesley

Back