Sold / Found / Inactive - Windscreen for '82 Heritage Special

Boog

Traveling Stroyteller
Top Contributor
Reaction score
After riding to work this morning in the chill, I decided I need a windscreen for Buzzy. I see a few that have worked for other people but Don't see any on here at the moment.

Here are a few I find online for the bike. Will all variations of our bikes be the same for windscreen fitment?

Here are the ones I am considering, if you have any input, please let me know.

Yamaha XS650 Twin Heritage Special - Clear 15" CSF Windshield w/Black Hardware | eBay

Amazon.com: Smoke 1816 Tinted Windshield Windscreen Compatible With Kawasaki Yamaha Honda Suzuki Harley Motorcycle : Automotive

Slipstreamer® SS-24-C - Hellfire Series Clear Windshield - MOTORCYCLEiD.com

I have no hardware so that is included in these as far as I can tell.

Based on @Mailman 's review, I bought the Givi A603. Easy to install and easy to adjust. I like it.
Here's Bob's review. I think he put a link to it in there.
Here's my '80SG sporting it.

Givi A-603 Windshield.jpg

f.jpg

Thanks @jetmechmarty, I also this one with what looks to be the most protection I've seen so far.
N8613-01 Plexifairing™ Windshield Fairing (nationalcycle.com)
I have this one. You can ride in the rain and not get wet above the knees. If it's a barn door you want, this is it. Pictured is that fairing on my Eleven Special. That bike is a lot bigger than the 650. Also, unless you are very tall, you won't be able to look over it, only through it. Once you get it set up, it's easy to remove and reinstall in a few minutes without tools. Protection from the elements is probably as good as it gets.
upload_2021-10-29_6-30-36.png

I have this one. You can ride in the rain and not get wet above the knees. If it's a barn door you want, this is it. Pictured is that fairing on my Eleven Special. That bike is a lot bigger than the 650. Also, unless you are very tall, you won't be able to look over it, only through it. Once you get it set up, it's easy to remove and reinstall in a few minutes without tools. Protection from the elements is probably as good as it gets.
View attachment 200667
I do like the look of that on your Eleven. And for winter riding, I think this may be the way I go. Still looking at options though.

Vegas was good, But honestly our party days are over. We enjoyed good shows and amazing food. But been jet-lagged all day. Red eye flight home had us walking in the door at 530am today, and no sleeping on that budget 3.5 hr flight. That and I had to deal with a car accident with my 16yr old after school today. Her front tire decided to detach from her car on the way home. No injuries, but certainly not what I wanted to come home to after an expensive weekend. I’ll get you some pictures tomorrow.

Back