Won't rev over 4000rpm only on the road

Dominik

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi
Firts i must say my english is bad:( sorry
2 weeks ago friend of my give me 81 xs650, 2k miles, was a project bike and i put al parts togheter, change oil, clean carbs, change sparks, clean tank, new battery, check timing, check charging! Everything looks like new and works perfect! First time start bike and starts at the very first try:) was happy so much, adjust litle carburetor and engine was working smoth, on neutral rpms are going to to end and everything is perfect, problems starts when i ride first time, bike cant pas 4000rpm on any gear:( i stop and check on neutral, and run perfect, now i dont know where i shuld start working to eliminate that problem, if anyone here can help, please:)
Also i wanna say thank you everyone on this forum for sharing yours knowlegde :)
Thank You
Sorry about my english

Last edited:
Hi
Spark plugs are new, im gonna check regulator and carburator tonite.
Thank you so much

carb diaphragms are perfect, fuel level is ok, check without regulator and still the same issue, plz help

Could be that your clutch is OK in neutral, but is slipping when in gear and under load.

If the clutch was apart, did you index it correctly?

Attachments

• ClutchIndexSet.jpg
    ClutchIndexSet.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 99
I found a problem, was a rubber plug in carburator:) thank you everyone for your help! Thank you

Back