Workshops and girlfriends

BigJimmyW13

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
So anyone else have a clutterish workshop? I DID until my girlfriend decided to clean it when I was out of town and now I cannot find anything. My stuff is all in rubbermaid tubs with no real organization other than small, medium and large items... :banghead:

No doubt it looks nicer and cleaner than what it did before, but none of my batteries were tipped on their side dripping on parts below it.... And I sure as in hell knew where things were and what they were with. Now I have a huge tupperware thing with a bunch of bolts that were laying next to certain parts..... Now they are just shoved into this thing.. Shoot me now :cussing::shootme:

My wife refuses to go in the garage to help with anything. I'll say grab me that hammer. After looking for a while she says "where is it?" so I tell her - "pick up that, move this, slide that, and it's right there" then she promptly tells me I need to clean evrything up. I know right where everything is.

Posted via Mobile

My wife won't touch any of my "projects". If she is helping and I send her for a tool or part she knows that by the time she gets back I will have gnawed it off or built one out of scrap and duct tape. But she actually is a good helper, not afraid to get her hands dirty and is fairly mechanical. Besides it was a package deal; her and a house with a 40 x 60 pole shed, it was love at first sight, and she's alright too.
Todays haul; a stone stock 81 special II, 5600 miles some rust and a title. "I have had it running this year" he said. Appears to have never been down.

Now, Boys,

Oh, never mind. No lectures---my only suggestion is to either include your female companions in your bike world, or lock the door to your shed. I do......lock the door, that is. :wink2:

It's funny to try to reduce it to gender. I know right where to go to find the internal bits of the Amal carbs for my Triumph, but I also know where the cornstarch is if I'm making gravy in the kitchen. It balances nicely.......

It's all about familiarity. (Or lack of it....) :shrug:

I do love Barb...My wife wouldn't know a carb from a screwdriver. But she leaves me alone (most of the time) when I'm in the shop. 19 years and counting.

Mine rides a motorcycle too. So i can't complain!:D

Ducati monster 696 for her. (Soon to be my companion for the 999, and she is stepping up to the 1100)

About a month ago my buddy decided to help me out by cleaning off both my work benches and tool tray (he's unemployed and was bored). Same disaster. I had to dig though a big container full of nuts and bolts to find the 4 correct ones for a starter I had taken apart. All the tools that he didn't know where they went got piled in one huge heap in the top of one of the tool boxes. Two sets of drill bits tipped over and all fell out of their holders. 3-in-1 oil spilled all over. :banghead:

Other than that, the work benches did look pretty nice.

- my missus once did the same...i 'rearranged' her kitchen and wardrobes...she got the message

Oh I did just fine correcting this matter. I totaled up the cost of the parts ruined by acid.. Including a kershaw knife..... and it was around $350. I had her write me a check. Not going to cash it, but she doesn't know that yet. :rock:

She must be so pissed at you right now.. Unless she loaded and $350 is nothing to her..

No she's not loaded, but frankly I don't feel bad.. I'm not going to cash it so why should I? She gets the point now so I've already gotten to her.

Posted via Mobile

Oh I did just fine correcting this matter. I totaled up the cost of the parts ruined by acid.. Including a kershaw knife..... and it was around $350. I had her write me a check. Not going to cash it, but she doesn't know that yet. :rock:

too funny:laugh:

No she's not loaded, but frankly I don't feel bad.. I'm not going to cash it so why should I? She gets the point now so I've already gotten to her.

Posted via Mobile

Uhm. I'm thinking retribution is going to really suck for you dude.

We'll see you a few months from now, and all remark on how your right forearm now matches your clutch side.

Back