Would this coil work in an XS650?

ironwill,

That looks like a dual out put coil that would work with a single points, dual lobe cam or twin points tied together, or the PAMCO, but I think that the price is a typo. If you click on the Shopping Cart button, it comes up "Out of stock". Maybe a few of them escaped at that $5.99 price!! (and maybe someone got fired too!!)

If you have to have a Harley coil, then the 17131 for electronic ignition with 2.5 Ohms or the 17130 for points with 4.5 Ohms is available from Custom Chrome for about $40.

Must be, I looked all over, and couldn't find anything close to that price. Also, noticed it is "out of stock". Going to order from Mikes, once I stop whining about the shipping costs. Rather put my $$ into parts, rather than shipping.

Pete, The Harley coil # 17130, isnt that availible at most Harley dealers for about the same price? + no shipping cost.

XSLeo,

Yes. Most HD dealers carry both the 17131 (electronic) and the 17130 (points) coils. No shipping, but state tax.

I've got at least two guys local who deal in HD's, but aren't dealers, maybe they will have a decent price on the 17130 (HD OEM # 31609-65A). Think I read somewhere it will work with the Pamco, when I get ready.

Back