Would this work for a fender mount?

Capt_Zoom

Raider Rider/xs newbie
Reaction score
So I'm trying to figure out the rear most fender mounts on my wife's Bratstyle bobber. Using a duckbill fender on a '80 s model with rear disc brake setup.

Anybody know what bolt 11 is/does? and if it would be safe to get a little longer one and tie my fender mount into that with a small 'L' bracket? Safety is paramount since its for the wife.

thx

Posted via Mobile

That bolt just holds the swingarm cap, not all xs's have them. You will be fine to mount there, but make the mount beefy because vibration likes to break flimsy metal on these bikes. Don't forget a pivot on the front of the fender mount since you are mounting to the swingarm.

Why not just utilize the top of the axle plates right behind the shock mount. Theres a hole on the left plate already. Just drill one in the right side and you have two mounts for the rear fender struts or sissy bar.
xsbuild3002.jpg

Originally, I wanted to use that little hole behind the shock but there is no material to drill a hole on the other side. I'll recheck that but it didn't look like it would work there.

Awesome battery box fender combo.

I also found something interesting at Lowes last night. A thick plastic junction box 6x6x4 that might work for my shorai battery and all the electrics. Might save me the time of having to fab a metal battery box.

Posted via Mobile

Yeah, I think some have the room and some swingarms dont. I added metal to another one I did and then drilled it out. It worked out fine. This one had the room.

Cool fender/battery box combo!

Thanks

Back