Wrist savers?

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Mikes used to sell grips like this in gray and black, I put them on "madness" but have put very few miles on that machine so far. :doh:

So when I bought the connie a couple of weeks ago the stock grips were god awful for my old wrists. With a forward lean at low speed upper body weight is on the wrists and palms and quickly becomes painful. And with thick gloves gripping the throttle soon puts extra hurt on that hand.

I looked and looked and finally found these on fleabay, $12.

I've put about 100 miles on so far and what an improvement they made, the greater surface area spreads out pressure, and the "wing allows easy, precise throttle control too.

They'd be better without the blue but the vendor doesn't seem to be able to change that.
I had to cut the ends out for the bar weights on the connie but they come with closed ends and measure about 5 1/4"

71 012.JPG

71 013.JPG

I've seen those and thought they were best used on bicycles. How do you choose the installation angle? Is there any post-installation adjust feature, to fine-tune the fit?

Funny you should say that, both our bicycles have the ergo type grips as well. The bicycle grips use a clamp screw. These grips aren't glued and just depend on friction so can be readily "adjusted" The throttle side is set high so the paddle is in a comfortable area at "normal" throttle settings. Yes these are most useful on shorter handlebar equipped bikes, would do little for a rider with stock "special" bars.

I actually just need fatter grips on my versys. But the oxford heated grips should cover that. I also installed a kaoko throttle lock. That thing is a life saver.

Back