Wanted - WTB - 77'-79' Standard 35mm top triple clamp

GeorgeOC

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Hello to everyone. I am looking for a top clamp only, for a '77-'79 Standard. Ideally the clamp would be structurally sound, but doesn't need to be pretty. I would be refinish/painting etc anyways.

I am retrofitting a '76 with 34mm forks to a set of 35mm forks to enable a Brembo swap for the front brake & caliper. I found deal on a complete front end from a '80 Special that was too good to pass up, but the top triple is problematic due to the ignition switch orientation. I believe a top clamp for the Standards within the '77-79 will do the trick.

Thanks in advance for any leads fellas!

I just looked at my 2 77's a 78 and an 80, all these top clamps look the same as far as ignition switch mount, unless I'm missing something?

Ok, I just pulled out the clamp from my 77D,
I replaced it with a billet top clamp, it doesn't have the two bosses to mount the ignition switch, is that what you are looking for?

Thanks, I am looking for a 35mm top, that doesn't have the 'nubs.' This is a photo from 77' just saw on ebay. But I didn't need the whole assembly. The photo below shows the 'nubs' that I was hoping to avoid.

upload_2017-9-11_12-4-11.png

upload_2017-9-11_12-7-27.png

Ok, I just pulled out the clamp from my 77D,
I replaced it with a billet top clamp, it doesn't have the two bosses to mount the ignition switch, is that what you are looking for?
I think so, yes! As long as its of the 35mm variety, I think that's the one!

yep, 35mm, If you want it just send me the 35mm one you have and pay for whatever shipping is to send this one to you.
We do what we can.
002.jpg

Back