wtf gives with all this photo cropping shit on here?

da evil one

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
every time i go to post a photo on here i have to recrop it and all this shit on photobucket. why? my camera is set on its 4M default setting...what gives?

Last edited:
Do you realize how big a 4M photo is? That's for printing, not for sharing on the internet. Most photos on the net are under 200kb. There is a 300kb limit on attachments here and no dimensional size limitation. That's more than enough for any photo you need to share. Anything bigger is a waste of server space and just takes longer for people to download. No one wants to download 10 4M photos just to check out your project. I don't know where you're getting that 64kb number from.

On Photobucket when you put the cursor on the picture there is a box that opens up. Click inside the line on the bottom that says IMG code. Click in that box and it will copy the code. Then in your post just paste the link and your pic will appear without having to resise or upload it to the sites server.

For Some reason the IMG code has never worked for me, I always have to use the "direct link"

[/B]
On Photobucket when you put the cursor on the picture there is a box that opens up. Click inside the line on the bottom that says IMG code. Click in that box and it will copy the code. Then in your post just paste the link and your pic will appear without having to resise or upload it to the sites server.

Have you all read this? How to Post Pictures

da evil one, take the pictures at the higher resolution in case you ever want to print them out. When using them on the internet, you can either use photo editing software to reduce the size of the pictures, use online resizing tools, or upload them to a photo hosting site and they'll get resized when you upload them. See: Image Sizes - Resize Pictures Online

Check out the other informational threads in the Forum News and Info section.

For other questions about how to use the forum software, check the FAQ

Back