Xs 650 frame ? info please if poss

It may be a eary RICKMAN frame i owed a couple and the bends look the same. In the early 70's Rickman was the frame to buy to convert you street bike into a road racer. They were known for the triple tubes on the back bone. You may want to check before you do anything to it . The last CB 750 Rickman frame i sold went for $3300.00 If it is you got a piece of HISTORY. I sold 6 years ago a factory RICKMAN CB 305 6 speed trans Road Racer in Rickman frame to collector in ENGLAND for $15,000 came from my Honda shop that me and my partner bought in 1968 from HONDA.

Bet that brought a smile to your face :)

Ascot%20isolastic.jpg

XS65020Ascot20proto20BobTrigg20side20PS2003-tcm71-243019.jpg

"Also we did a good styling concept for the XS650, styled as an American flat-tracker, the Ascot TT. I still have the bike, it still works great, it's a real pure motorcycle. When I ride it, people still ask me where they can buy it."

I'm sure I've seen this bike. In the French Alps. Doing what it was designed to do. Leave me in the dust.

Halco, I believe, used to knock these off. Even caught some of the magic.

It's not perfect. But. Bob is right. It would have sold.

Too bad the French were still to learn their rally marketing lessons.

What could have been.

...nicely written-up in Classic Bike Dec 1996 p102-5...

XS650TT Bob Trigg Ascot TT
http://thexscafedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/xs-trigg-ascot-tt.pdf

I may have more for you buried away on dead tree ...

~kop

I have looked at the pics of that frame, its very alike mine but the rear footrest section is different on mine. I have some good leads and im aiming to speak to a guy who used to work with Tony Hall at halco tuning. Im hoping eh will be able to sged some more light om my mystery frame.

Many thanks
jez

The pic of the bare frame is either the design Yamaha subbed out (unconfirmed Tony Foale) or an early Tony Hall . There are differences throughout the 10 or so produced . I have seen a grand total of two . One complete and another frame only .

Even at the time it was built the HALCO 840 may have carried a different primary ratio . Heiden Tuning will sell you one today . There are several others that built a different primary ratio but their numbers are minuscule enough to be near one off .

If you intend running this beast eventually contact Heiden Tuning for jetting recommendations as they offer their 800+ with the BS38 and have some bit of experience . It would be a shame to have the beast idle like a gem and throttle off into an over advanced , altogether too lean , high load , catastrophic metallurgical event .

~kop

Back