XS 850 Differences...

MOTOPHILE

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Looking at a triple, XS850. Wondering how much difference there was in frame, forks, etc.. from a 650. Will tanks swap? It's decent shape and decent price but no title... I am considering it though... After market parts have to be more scarce for the 850. What are main differences?
Thanks, Ron

Shaft drive.... might be a deal breaker... But I just talked to the guy and think I can get for $300...

This 850 is kinda nice...

Attachments

• Sprit-II-XS850-triple-1.jpg
    Sprit-II-XS850-triple-1.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 211
I wouldn't poopoo a bike just because it has shaft drive. There are many great shaft drive bikes out there, just a matter of what you intend to do with it. That said, and I'm sure someone will correct me, I doubt it has much in common with the XS650 other than perhaps superficial items. The forks are 36mm, IIRC, for example.

depends what you want to do with it .If you plan on hardtailing this bike you wont be able to lengthen it very easily. Cruise the net you will see some nice builds with shaft drive .good luck and have fun if you go this route.

Well I offered the guy $200 and waiting for his reply. He sounded desperate so who knows. At that price I couldn't pass it up. I realize a couple hundred bucks off is nothing in the grand scheme of a custom build. At the very least I am hoping this thing motivates me to clean out my garage and organize a build zone. Lest time I did that things got kinda kooky...

Attachments

• ninja.jpg
    ninja.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 176
The yje, tsnk, dosks, jdir, and eora are interchangeable. But only on the Specials.

There is a little fab work to change yje tsnk, maybe the dosks too depending on where yje cakiver sits. I found that swapping yje triple tree will raise the bike a little in the front but that involves swapping the stems. Not a bad mod going with 36mm firks.

Yoo gyus are too bookoo. I was having visions of a monoshock conversion cafe street fighting tracker, but still no reply... At least my garage is half cleaner now... Would prefer a 2 stroke triple but will take what I can get...
Ride on!, Bean Oil Ron

The triple could just be a sleeper. My Bud picked up a triumph speed triple for a song off eBay....still bragging about the purchase and deservedly so. He soon after scored a nice Yam 750 triple off craigslist to add to the stable. I wouldn't pass one by if I had the mad money but they don't mix and match well with the 650 save for what was mentioned.

Back